Walnut Coffee Table

This one now joins the two end tables (one can be seen in the second pic) and the sofa table. Now just one more to go, a square end table, and the set will be complete.

P3160302.JPG P3160303.JPG P3150292.JPG P3150293.JPGP3150294.JPG P3160299.JPG

Walnut frames and drawer fronts (real and false). Walnut plywood for end panels. Walnut burl veneer for the tops, beveled glass inserts. Joinery: pocket screws, biscuits. Drawer bodies (forgot to take the pics) are dovetailed poplar. Push to open drawer slides on all four drawers.

Finish: one coat of a 1:1 danish oil: mineral spirits, 6 coats of a 1:1:1 danish oil: gloss poly: mineral spirits. Then waxed with Staples natural clear.

Thanks for looking.

Beatiful Robert! Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Why did you start with 1:1 danish oil and mineral spirits? I've never heard of that being done...but then I haven't paid that close attention either. :huh:

Thanks Jeff. I actually forgot .. I do a mineral spirits wipe down first, cleans up and left over sanding dust. Then the 1:1 which I have found to really set the first coat and it seems to build much faster then. I believe this is the same/similar to what I have seen Glenn B., an excellent craftsman and member here, do.