Glock 19 gen4

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
I have been trying to find a NEW Glock 19 gen4 on the internet and in local stores in the Springfield mo area.... not to be found. I was told that the B.O. is over 350,000.

Not sure what is driving the demand...

The local Basspro offered to order one for me $100 over MSRP. ha ha ha -- not delivery time offered.

paul

paul small arms of any kind are getting very hard to get, the sales of all guns and ammo has skyrocketed since the addition of the new sales staff.. from florida to michigan and beyound.. if your not a real big store you wont get any for some time..even at the shot show they wernt promising anything becasue they couldnt say when they would be caught up on back orders..

It'll take years before the backorders can catch up I'm afraid. Supply and demand, and demand is still running high.

That 100$ over msrp might not actually be a bad deal. You could always shop online and see if you can find a better deal and have a local ffl handle the transfer.

Larry is correct. Even one of the larger primer manufacturers stated they had a back order of 1 billion orders. They are only setup to produce 3 million orders a day. Even if they didn't get any new orders, it will take them over a year to simply get caught up. I've been able to find supplies by stopping by some of the local shops almost daily as most do a first come basis, but most have at least limited the number of items one person can buy.

BTW...I haven't found Basspro to be the most competitive in pricing compared to local shops, though in times like now, they may be a good choice. I've got a couple of local shops I deal with that will keep their eye out for things that are being sought after, whether new or used. Some other good resources are Gallery of Guns, Impact Guns, Buds Gun Shop, and CDNN (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ Call them for firearm orders, nothing listed online). There are always the gun auction sites as well, but not dealt with them myself.

Last edited:
Very cool Bob! Our conservation department has had a few women's classes, but all seem to fill up quickly and they don't have enough to meet demand. None of the local trainers seem to want to do a women's class, which in my opinion, is ignoring a huge opportunity. So my wife's women's group (Success Group) has asked me and another friend to take them all out to the range this spring to do a training class with them.

One of the local CCW here in SW MO has classes for married couples. I am not sure why mixed classes would not work - if the men would keep their mouths shut.

just got off of the phone with Glockstore-- All of the Glocks are backordered and the Glock 19 Gen 4 is backorder for at the very of least 6 months... long wait.. The sales rep was very polite.. and very easy to talk with... it like CAR fever.... looking at used 19's gen 3 and they are hard to find....

fever, fever, fever....... 9mm ammunition is $$$$$$$ and very hard to find also.....

if you want one i would say pay a hundred extra and be glad to have gotten it because just waiting for one to come out doesnt mean the price will be lower paul.. if that store can get you one, grab it and some ammo as well.

This was with Bass Pro and the wait time could be over 6 months or 6 days no promise from them

Now looking at a bidding gun site...

Larry I respect your opinion -- I usually do not get the car fever reflex but I have about 106 degree fever would like to cool down..

Thanks for putting up with me.. I am like kid on Christmas morning... Just for the record my wife is not Santa and she is NOT totally happy but time will help the attitude and now I need to sell something to help the bank.. or I will take donation for a good cause.. :D

I had to tell someone!

Congrats, Paul. That's a fine firearm. :thumb: Personally, I shoot my Smith & Wesson M&P semi autos better than I do a Glock, but there is no dispute that a Glock is a very robust and reliable pistol. :yes: