My latest project

Rich Soby

easthammantle_zpsda7ad5d1.jpg

Thanks guys! Bob, I have to admit I didnt come up with the design on my own, it was inspired from another mantle I had seen and is the result of a collaboration between the interior designer, her client and myself.
Im in the process of building another one where there is an existing mantle and I am building a matching tv cabinet above in stained pine. along with a window seat that will have a cabinet space for the A/V components and a couple of simple turned legs as there is a section of baseboard heat on that wall that cant be moved so the seat has to be built to accomodate the heater.
This is the same project I will be building the chestnut countertops on as well.

Thanks guys! Larry, I recently teamed up with her. She was referred to me through a client whose home I did all the finish work on several years ago. This mantle was my first project with her and the current one I have with the counters and such is the second of hopefully many more to come. She has been a great person to work with and knows the business as her dad and brother were/are builders so she grew up in construction.