What to do?

I have this natural edge maple bowl i'm working on.I thought it was dry enough not to warp,Wrong. Well the biggest thing is it woun't sit stright, and the bottom is so thin i can't sand the scratches out as it's way to thin. When i say thin i'm talking about 128th of a inch thin.:( As the pics show i didn't make a funnel, but if i sand any more i'll go through the bottom. If i'm not carefull i might go through just putting it on my knee to sand the outside. Have the inside sanded to 400, so that will work there. Would really hate to not be able to finish this as i think it's looking good. I have the bowl right at 3/16 (except for that darn bottom) and all the bark has stayed on to this point. What would ya think about adding some kind of beaded foot, maybe the color of the bark, or something there abouts? Thinking about taking a piece of paper and making a temp plate of the circle in the bottom and glueing it in there and then finishing it off. Any other ideas you can send my way would be great.001 (800x560).jpg003 (800x583).jpg005 (800x526).jpg006 (800x397).jpg

steve i think it would look ok with a contrasting base, but when you sand it out wont you be taking a chance of going threw in the bowl its self?
Larry what i'm thinking is to fill that whole circle with a piece of wood about 3/8 of a inch and then carve a bead in just the outer edge of that 3/8 piece leaving about 1/8 on the inside of the circle and the full 3/8 on the bead. hope that makes since.

Personally, I don't like contrasting bases on most pieces, especially on a NE bowl. I'd say finish it as-is (finish sanding the outside to the extent possible) and let the bowl rock. It's not like you're gonna be serving soup in it...it's a decorative bowl. It's going to spend 99.9% of its life on a shelf or table. Why should a bit of rocking matter?

That's my :twocents:.

This is a reach...trust me. What about spraying a bit of water to raise the grain, 1000g wet/dry and see what happens? Like I said...a reach!!

well then dont give it away and why did you take it so thin?
Well i really didn't mean to get it that thin.:) I had a little beaded ft on this piece, but when it warped it really looked bad and it rocked a lot. more than it does now. I thought i could get it to sit right by sanding that foot off, and i ended up sanding the center also, for some reason.:(

and here i thought i went to far with things be it a drill and screw or the fact that vaughn is good looking i thought i had the prize fer best looking fellar here:):)

and here i thought i went to far with things be it a drill and screw or the fact that vaughn is good looking i thought i had the prize fer best looking fellar here:):)

Well, you still have the title of best looking feller here. But I'm close. Sorta like George Clooney and Sean Connery, except with beards and long hair. ;)