It's FRIDAY!!! - 3/29/2013 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I both have eye appointments first thing tomorrow. Will probably take her to her favorite brunch place after. It's supposed to be in the 60's here all weekend, so going to try and get some yard work done and work some more on the doors/drawers for the vanity. Have a couple of welding projects I'd like to get done as well.

What's everyone else got going?

Got a bball game to watch tonight. ROCK CHALK! Tomorrow I will probably get into the shop to finish up the DC hook up and get to turning some of the walnut I picked up last week since it's supposed to rain all day. If no rain, yard clean up as things are starting to poke out of the ground around here. :thumb: Sunday, church then brunch with the inlaws and an egg hunt with my side of the family after that. Hopefully watching another Jayhawk game on Sunday afternoon....did I say ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK??:D

I'll be trying to fence in the garden so those pesky deer and rabbits will have to work a lot harder to get to my veggies. I know the deer can easily jump a 4' fence, but it makes me feel good anyway. I'm thinking Tractor Supply goat panels for the base http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/feedlot-panel-sheep-goat-16-ft-l-x-48-in-h and if that doesn't work I'll top it with plastic netting. I don't think the rabbits can get through a 4" square?

I'll be trying to fence in the garden so those pesky deer and rabbits will have to work a lot harder to get to my veggies. I know the deer can easily jump a 4' fence, but it makes me feel good anyway. I'm thinking Tractor Supply goat panels for the base http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/feedlot-panel-sheep-goat-16-ft-l-x-48-in-h and if that doesn't work I'll top it with plastic netting. I don't think the rabbits can get through a 4" square?

I'm thinking they probably can. may want to roll some chicken wire around the base (16" - 24" wide) or consider panels with smaller openings towards the base: http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/feedlot-panel-hog-16-ft-l-x-34-in-h?cm_vc=-10005

Even that one may be too big for smaller youth rabbits.

They can. I finally surrounded my garden with 1/4" harddware cloth last year. 4' tall hardware cloth, Folded out a foot at the bottom. Worked great. Kept the rabbits out AND seemed to actually keep other rodents at bay as well, for whatever reason. First year I didn't have a bunch of tomatoes all chewed up by 'something'.

Last edited:
We got both boys home this weekend going to pick up one in about 30 min. Then i plan to see what my shop looks like. Gonna try stay away from any work work for the weekend and stay away from puters.
Maybe can get some more done on my gen enclosure now temps have got to where i can survive in the shop.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

A little busy this weekend on the day job. :rofl: But maybe a little more painting on the shop trailer walls. Still thinking about roof insulation.

Gonna see if I can find a board to practice on my jointer. It had been "set aside" for a while & I never did learn to use it properly-just haven't practiced. Once I get the TS, that should open up some projects. Surprised to see how much I miss having a TS, even an old one, it's my go-to machine to start things off. Once the new one (new to me) is in I'll probably make a new router table from Carol's book.

Actually taking today, Friday, off! I spent the last two days crawling around our attic doing a couple of projects I've put off for months. It's much easier to do some wiring and such with LOML home all the time to help. These old bones are gonna need a couple of days to get over what I had to put them through!

Saturday, I'll try to do a little more shop organizing and work on the platform bed I started this time last year.

Sunday, the forecast is for a little rain, so I might just sit on the deck and watch the drops fall!

Trying to figure out how to whack up some old firewood length sections of log I found on this land I'm using. Probably turn on them this weekend. A bit annoying, I have a 25% off Harbor Fright coupon only good on Easter Sunday. Three Harbor Frights in the area and all are about 75 miles away! I want the little jib boom crane with the hydraulics and cable winch to lift natural wood into my truck. I don't want a permanent mount so I plan to attach it to a receiver hitch tongue and then add a tongue jack or two to stabilize things. Guess I will go fetch it early or late Sunday.

Hu

Have today off and just relaxing. Work Saturday and on Sunday the whole family is coming over for Easter dinner. It's going to be totally crazy around here with kids and grandkids but I love every minute of it :D

Haven't done much in the shop for the past month. I ran out of cherry for the hutch and have planned to get more a few weeks ago but the only way to get long boards into my shop is through the bulkhead and that plus the back yard has been snow covered for months and I can't get back there :doh: Way to plan ahead Bob:knock:

Home chores on Saturday, and going shooting with a couple of friends on Sunday. One of the friends has a few laptops from work that need to be decommissioned. We're going to do some high velocity "testing" on them. :D There may be some tannerite involved, too. :whistling:

Trying to figure out how to whack up some old firewood length sections of log I found on this land I'm using. Probably turn on them this weekend. A bit annoying, I have a 25% off Harbor Fright coupon only good on Easter Sunday. Three Harbor Frights in the area and all are about 75 miles away! I want the little jib boom crane with the hydraulics and cable winch to lift natural wood into my truck. I don't want a permanent mount so I plan to attach it to a receiver hitch tongue and then add a tongue jack or two to stabilize things. Guess I will go fetch it early or late Sunday.

Hu

You may try using the coupon on their website. I think they have $6.99 shipping now too, which will probably be cheaper than the gas to go get one.

Thanks for the Thought!

You may try using the coupon on their website. I think they have $6.99 shipping now too, which will probably be cheaper than the gas to go get one.

They handed me this coupon when I was in the store earlier this week. Not sure it is even good at other stores but I'm going to try to read the fine print. I suspect there is an exclusion for something this heavy but if they will ship it to me for $6.99 I am going to be on that like white on rice.

I much appreciate your thought and hope it works. Then I won't have anything to do Sunday but eat five or ten pounds of boiled crawfish, shrimp, and crabs with all the trimmings. A little dessert just to round out the gluttony then I'll lay around wondering why I ate so much again this year. Of course I will do it all again next year with a little luck. I'm a believer in moderation in all things, especially moderation!

Hu

got home a little while ago, forgot I had a few cutting boards I left clamped up before I went away.
gotta do a bit of finishing tomorrow and get them sanded and oiled. 3 of them have to leave next weekend.

we did the heavy lift shopping at costco today, will be working on manually eliminating duplicates on the family tree (11,747 people). maybe headed over to pop's tomorrow to start getting the shop out of it's winter slumber.

Home chores on Saturday, and going shooting with a couple of friends on Sunday. One of the friends has a few laptops from work that need to be decommissioned. We're going to do some high velocity "testing" on them. :D There may be some tannerite involved, too. :whistling:

Now that sounds like some fun times. Put a bullet in that laptop from me, tell Microsoft i sent it with all my love and thanks for all the blue screens of death. :) I have a few hard drives waiting for a day like this. Its gonna be down at Jonathans place. :) He has the correct arsenal to sort them out. Some day Jonathan someday i will get there. :)
Have fun Vaughn.

Its gonna be down at Jonathans place. :) He has the correct arsenal to sort them out. Some day Jonathan someday i will get there. :)
Have fun Vaughn.

Rob,, we need to look at our bucket list sooner than to many do,, or they will never even get one thing crossed off.. health gets us all and there is no warning..

progress is being made on my bradleyizing... I have re-discovered my assembly bench, and will be relocating my drill press from it to the cabinet next to it. while the temps are 'up' outdoors, my shop is still relatively cool inside... making frequent breaks for warming up my fingers a necessity.