Great Issue of Woodsmith!

Al Launier

Yesterday I picked up a copy of the "Summer Issue" of Woodsmith's "Ultimate Table Saw Handbook" at Barnes & Noble. Fortunately for me I was there in time to get it as it was the last copy on the magazine rack. It's an excellent source as a refresher & provides a lot of new (to me) information as well. Lots of Tips & Techniques. Worth getting a copy & keeping it as a TS reference.
Enjoy!

is this the issue. it looks great. I watched the commercial/video and noticed the raised panel door with the saw kerf lines on it. thought that looked kinda country cool.

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2013/01/31/ultimate-table-saw-handbook-2/

Yes it is. In fact I just notice on the bottom of the rear cover that with the purchase of this issue, you can get free Woodsmith Articless & (3) free Woodsmith Videos by going to their website www.WoodsmithSpecials.com & using the access code given on the cover.

Free is good! :thumb:

... Of course they have to have all kinds of other things I want like the complete shop notes back issue library on cd. ...

At LOMLs encouragement, I'm converting to digital for the woodworking magazines I've been taking. A few months ago, I got the Woodsmith back issue library (1-200). Recently, I got the Wood Magazine back issue library (1-216), which included the Weekend Woodworking Projects library. By copying them onto my home office computer hard drive, I can access them from my shop or laptop. The advantage of this? It clears more than two shelves of magazines and gives me digital search capability for everything.

At LOMLs encouragement, I'm converting to digital for the woodworking magazines I've been taking. A few months ago, I got the Woodsmith back issue library (1-200). Recently, I got the Wood Magazine back issue library (1-216), which included the Weekend Woodworking Projects library. By copying them onto my home office computer hard drive, I can access them from my shop or laptop. The advantage of this? It clears more than two shelves of magazines and gives me digital search capability for everything.

I have so many back copies of different wood working magazines. I have read about all of them and go back and look this one or that one over from time to time.

Looking at eh 5 foot row of wood working mags on top of our book shelf (a little more than half the collection) I can definitely see where having them on cd would be a benefit not just in space but in data retrieval.

at the same time something about the idea of trading all my magazines and books for a few cds makes me very sad. not sure why

... something about the idea of trading all my magazines and books for a few cds makes me very sad. not sure why

I can understand that, too. There's something about grabbing a couple of magazines and a cold one, head to the deck and chill out for a bit. Of course, I can do much the same with my laptop. ;)