Bandsaw Boxes?

Oh, I'm not depressed, Larry. I just want to make blog posts that will have something of interest to folks. In this case, it seems like the one person who asked me is the only one who found it useful. No big deal, though. Maybe the next one will cover something like how to draw tree nails. I'm sure there'll be a ton of interest in that one.:D

no comment often == nothing useful to add [1]; not lack of interest :D

I did have some thoughts but then second thought them and decided they may or may not be useful thoughts anyway. Would be hard to say without actually making it.

[edit]
[1] By that metric you have achieved perfection when none of your posts garner any responses so perhaps its not the best one.

Oh its interesting alright Dave, i just think time is the issue lately. I have a yearning to try one of these but the list of yearnings is just getting too long. Roll on spring please roll on so i can get some shop time without freezing.
Thanks for posting Dave please dont give up on us. :thumb::)

Very interesting, Dave. But, like Larry, bandsawn boxes are on my bucket list - not a 'today' thing. It does look like an interesting SU exercise. I need to do as you suggested to us a while back and do some frequent work on SU so I don't 'lose it'!

Dave, very nice bandsaw box, sketch up is something I would like to know but haven't had the time or great desire to spend the time to learn it. Bandsaw boxes are quite addictive, I made a lot for a time, then have gotten away from them. (don't miss all the sanding!!!!) Another aspect of bandsaw boxes I find unique is the hidden drawers and the hidden cog that pushes one drawer open while pushing another in.

I made a lot for a time, then have gotten away from them. (don't miss all the sanding!!!!)

I was actually thinking that one of the little 12" bandsaws with a sanding belt might be just what the doctor ordered for that problem if you were making a lot... I see the 10 and 12" saws for < $100 around here occasionally, although many of them are not very good a few don't look to bad (or if you find a 14" at a reasonable price I suppose).

Something like: http://www.industrialabrasives.com/industrial-abrasives-sanding-belts-band-saw-belts-c-73_136.html

Dave....Are you kidding, those are just so....so...70's, says Ted hopelessly trapped in the 70's. I like them but have not gotten the (tuit) yet. :rofl::rofl:

Thanks guys. The only reason I asked was because I want to do tutorials that are useful and not waste my time on ones that aren't.

That said, I would hope that folks might find at least a few take away tidbits from it even if they aren't interested in bandsaw boxes.

Ted, I made a lot of them back then, too. I had to do them without a bandsaw, too.