Thread: Welcome Owen Bostrom!

Welcome Owen Bostrom!

Let me be the first to offer a welcome to Owen. Owen and I have worked together for many years in the wonderful world of submarines...but try not to hold that against him. I invited him because he has been interested in woodworking/construction (built his own home) and has a real affection for blacksmithing.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Welcome Owen From a former bubblehead.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Welcome Owen, I just flipped the switch to let you in!

Cheers!

How the heck are ya, Owen? Nice ta see ya.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Well here I am. I am new to this type of format. We have Yahoo list forums between blacksmiths which seem primitive (fitting I suppose) compared to this. Glenn will keep me straight as I try to navigate this group.
    As Glenn noted, my wife and I built our own home, and several "improvements". I do woodworking for fun and my wife Martha also participates. She's pretty good on a scroll saw, but not as confident on a table saw for example. I like turning and would like to get better at it, and I would like to continue to incorporate blacksmithing and woodworking together.
    I work on the RDT&E side of submarine development as a test director, and that is the greatest hinderence to my creative spirit. I make a lot of practical stuff in both wood and metal. I have also played fairly seriously in photography, and in the seventies, built and ran several NASCAR Modifieds on the East Coast mostly in New England. That's were I got the idea of trying blacksmithing.
    Owen Bostrom, Ashaway, RI

Welcome Owen, I hope you enjoy the site.

Steve Clardy Guest
    Welcome Owen

hi owen, looking forward to your input! tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]