How dumb can one guy be?

Chuck Thoits

Just built some pen boxes. Have them all sanded up and ready to put the magnets in for catches. Drilled the holes out and jammed/hammered the magnets in one top one bottom. There all set right ???Wrong I never gave a thought to the polls on the magnets so I have a perfect self opening box.:doh::doh::bang::bang:
Now to figure out how to drive one of them back out and flip it over.

drill hole on bottom of the box and drive it out chuck. then cover hole with felt.. or possible to change lids to another box you couldnt have done them all wrong

It's like...MAGIC! :rofl:

6nox.jpg

Im one up on ya chuck. for sure after drilling out the magnet Id put it back in the same way and realize I made the same mistake again.
I like arrows on things, like AC filters, when they show you which side goes in toward machine. Or doors that say pull or push.

dont feel bad Chuck its worse when done on a finished cabinet door... dont ask me how I know that.. ill deny all knowledge or ever being there in the first place....:rofl::rofl::rofl::D

Just built some pen boxes. Have them all sanded up and ready to put the magnets in for catches. Drilled the holes out and jammed/hammered the magnets in one top one bottom. There all set right ???Wrong I never gave a thought to the polls on the magnets so I have a perfect self opening box.:doh::doh::bang::bang:
Now to figure out how to drive one of them back out and flip it over.
Hey Chuck; You don't require 2 magnets! 1 magnet and a small steel screw on the opposite side will work just as good. You can't get it wrong doing it that way.

I spent 2 hours today looking for the PC dedicated dovetail bit for the PC jig, only to realize hours later I had the dedicated bit in the dedicated router I set up last year.
talk about dumb. or is this senility?

I spent 2 hours today looking for the PC dedicated dovetail bit for the PC jig, only to realize hours later I had the dedicated bit in the dedicated router I set up last year.

That sound like something I would do. When I first started turning wrenches on Airplanes I had to work the night shift I once spent 2 hrs or more looking for my side cutters. I even reopened up the tail section where I had been doing an inspection to make sure I had not left them inside a panel. I found them in my hand I had been changing hands with them looking for them. I hated night shift...........:doh:

That sound like something I would do. When I first started turning wrenches on Airplanes I had to work the night shift I once spent 2 hrs or more looking for my side cutters. I even reopened up the tail section where I had been doing an inspection to make sure I had not left them inside a panel. I found them in my hand I had been changing hands with them looking for them. I hated night shift...........:doh:

I was talking to my MIL on the phone this weekend when she suddenly said, "where the heck did I put that, I just had it!" I said what? She said, "I can't find my phone!" I said, you mean the one you're talking on?? She then said things that I can't type here! :rofl:

I had a boss who once stormed around the office for a whole afternoon griping about his lost eyeglasses. Nobody in the office had the nerve to tell him they were on top of his head. :whistling:

Haha, sounds like something I would do. :doh: Graduated in the top of the class in 1998 at Midvale, high honors. I even won the blue ribbon in a thumb nailing contest.

- Hutch

Last edited: