Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Order

Goodland, Kansas

New Order

Well I went to the Buffalo Bill Cultural Center on Monday on our way home from spending Easter with the grandkids. I had stopped and talked with them about 2 weeks ago. So this time I took my book of pictures down with me to show the Director as she was on vacation the first time I was there. She ordered over $1000 worth that she wants in 3 weeks for the beginning of tourist season. She said whatever sells well she would probably start ordering 12 to 15 at a time. She told me between 30% to 40% was what they wanted discounted from my prices. I told her the best I would do is 30%. She accepted and would pay me upon delivery. She said they would buy them outright and then would sell them at my suggested list. So guess my vacation this weekend with the grandson is over and off to the shop to turn tomorrow. So 10 peppermills, 20 birdhouses, 20 key chain pill holders, 20 key chain toothpick holders, 4 toothpick dispensers, and 4 lidded boxes to start. Today I got all the toothpick holders and pill holder blanks cut and glued. The toothpick dispensers I had on hand. Also turned 4 antique mills today and hopeing to finish the other six tomorrow. Anyway I hope this works out well. Be nice to sell them and not have to keep track of the turnings as it is 60 miles to the place. She said they are getting setup to sell Kansas small handmade products and nothing commercial. Some guy there was already selling pens so she didn't want any of those. No vases or bowls as she said they were just to big especially for tourist on a tourist bus. She said they had over 200,000 visitors last year. I am excited and hope this works out.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Good thing you retired so you'll have time for this.

Congrats on the order, hope it all goes well and is prosperous.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Billings Missouri near Springfield Mo
    Way ta go Bernie Congrats on a great order
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Delton, Michigan
    congrats bernie ,, looks like i need to try and sell small pieces of wood something they can carry off with them..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    Congrats Bernie... wish we had a place like that around here... would be so much more fun to just turn than to do shows and marketing.
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    As i commented on this earler else where, i'll just say congrads.

Constantine, MI
    Good for you Bernie! Way to go.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

ABQ NM
    You might have struck the Mother Lode there, Bernie. Congrats!
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

S E Washington State
    And you thought you were retired! You just started a new career and a little more advances age! Congrats.
    "We the People ......"

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean
    You do beautiful work Bernie. It seems that you have opened a floodgate that will see that you do more beautiful work.

Congratulations and Enjoy,

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.