New Order

Well I went to the Buffalo Bill Cultural Center on Monday on our way home from spending Easter with the grandkids. I had stopped and talked with them about 2 weeks ago. So this time I took my book of pictures down with me to show the Director as she was on vacation the first time I was there. She ordered over $1000 worth that she wants in 3 weeks for the beginning of tourist season. She said whatever sells well she would probably start ordering 12 to 15 at a time. She told me between 30% to 40% was what they wanted discounted from my prices. I told her the best I would do is 30%. She accepted and would pay me upon delivery. She said they would buy them outright and then would sell them at my suggested list. So guess my vacation this weekend with the grandson is over and off to the shop to turn tomorrow. So 10 peppermills, 20 birdhouses, 20 key chain pill holders, 20 key chain toothpick holders, 4 toothpick dispensers, and 4 lidded boxes to start. Today I got all the toothpick holders and pill holder blanks cut and glued. The toothpick dispensers I had on hand. Also turned 4 antique mills today and hopeing to finish the other six tomorrow. Anyway I hope this works out well. Be nice to sell them and not have to keep track of the turnings as it is 60 miles to the place. She said they are getting setup to sell Kansas small handmade products and nothing commercial. Some guy there was already selling pens so she didn't want any of those. No vases or bowls as she said they were just to big especially for tourist on a tourist bus. She said they had over 200,000 visitors last year. I am excited and hope this works out.

Congratulations. Sounds like a great deal. If she pays on delivery, be glad she doesn't want 50% - the ones I hear are satisfied with 30% are the ones where it is your money on their shelves, pay only after sold. Don't let her get away!