DoPa EX May 2007 Issue

Stuart Ablett

Well, I go the mag, yes, I made the cover, but it is a SMALL pic :D

Cover_sm.jpg
Yep, there I am, I know, you can hardly see me..........STOP COMPLAINING!! :rofl:

finished_table_sm.jpg
Here is the table, I think the table looks OK, but the finish sucks!:rolleyes:

index_page_sm.jpg
I guess they liked my pics so much they put them on the index page as well, I'd thought it would scare readers away..... :dunno:

page45_sm.jpg
This is the first page of the article, me and the "Pro" woodworker guy who built the table.

my_page_sm.jpg
Here is the page about me turning the legs

my_cyclone_sm.jpg
And lastly, they were so impressed with my cyclone they took a bunch of pics of it, and put them in the mag as well.

Cheers!

Way to go Stu.:thumb: Gee, I always wanted to know someone "Rich" & "Famous",......Now if I can only find someone "RICH".:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, looks like you got a pretty good spread in the mag. Maybe they'll come back again and do an article on Kermit for a Tool Restoration Story, and by then, they'll naturally have to see and get interested in the new Shop Built BANDSAW.:D

There is a 15 minute or so video as well, I'm just having to figure out how to rip it from their DVD..... :huh:

They say they are coming out with a book as well, and they say I'll be in that too, dunno which parts.... :dunno:

Famous, well, I don&t think I'd go THAT far...... :eek:

Cheers!

Stu, I agree, that finish doesn't do anything for me.

The cyclone photo is cool, but a bit small for details. So I'm wondering... what is that small hose that wraps around the bin? Did you add a suction adaptor so you can use a plastic bag liner in the bin? I don't remember you saying so, and there's nothing on your website.

Stu,

Congrats on making it in to print! :thumb:

I saw the cyclone on your site. Did you build it? If so I'd be interested in knowing how.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have a translation of the article into english so we could all read it? :dunno:

Stu,

Congrats on making it in to print! :thumb:

I saw the cyclone on your site. Did you build it? If so I'd be interested in knowing how.

Thanks.....and to answer you question about the cyclone......

yes.......... and carefully :D

Take another look at my site Sean, there are about 4 pages of Cyclone Building on it

Sean Wright said:
Also, you wouldn't happen to have a translation of the article into English so we could all read it? :dunno:

Not at the moment, there really is not much to it that you cannot figure out, but I will get a translation done, as I'm sending my Dad a copy of the mag, and I'll include a translation in that.

Cheers!

Congrats Stu. They must really love the Canadian "can do" attitude you've brought to Japan. Twice so far and video and books on the way.

Thanks Brett, not to brag (too much :rolleyes:) but it is actually the third time.....:D

The Editor did tell me that having the "Gaijin" (non-Japanese) seems to sell....... :dunno:

Now I got to try to get them to do an bit on our buddy Alex! :thumb: