Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm rich !!!!!!!!!! ***AGAIN *** ###Yet Again###

I'm rich !!!!!!!!!! ***AGAIN *** ###Yet Again###

When I replied to a recent threat about the generosity of our members I jokingly mentioned that I was almost out of gold bars.

Imagine my surprise when I open up the package that the mailman dropped off. It's from from Brent Dowel.
    My first thought was to call Rockler and have a new SawStop on the loading dock because I'll be there in 30 minutes to pick it up. Then common sense kick in and figured that I could use them as a down payment on the beach house I've always wanted.
    Finally I called my lawyer had had them willed to my grandkids. I'm heading off to the bank right now to put them in my safety deposit box.

Thanks Brent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at these puppies sparkle
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4441.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	74865
    Last edited by Bob Gibson; 04-11-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

is that a pet rock?
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    is that a pet rock?
    No!. That is a high class, "Rock Baby Rock" set.

Enjoy,
    JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

good for you bob,, i am glad you got some of what you wished for
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Just trying to help out in anyway I can...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I had planned on renting a smaller car (read: high mileage) to come down in June. Now I'm thinking, if all that silver is just lying around waiting to be picked up, I might bring the truck!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I had planned on renting a smaller car (read: high mileage) to come down in June. Now I'm thinking, if all that silver is just lying around waiting to be picked up, I might bring the truck!
    How economical would that really be? I figured a small car, at 35mpg - for an 800 mile round trip - would cost about $85.00 for gas, at $3.69 per gallon.

The truck, at 15mpg, would cost about $196.00 for the same trip, or $111 more.

Figuring a three - or maybe four - day rental, It'd be pretty much a wash, wouldn't it?

Also, the small car likely wouldn't be nearly as comfortable for the trip as the roomier, and probably smoother riding, truck. Plus you couldn't bring back much 'loot' in the car!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I literally just picked those up off the ground right outside my house! (and added a little silver paint)
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    How economical would that really be? I figured a small car, at 35mpg - for an 800 mile round trip - would cost about $85.00 for gas, at $3.69 per gallon.

The truck, at 15mpg, would cost about $196.00 for the same trip, or $111 more.

Figuring a three - or maybe four - day rental, It'd be pretty much a wash, wouldn't it?

Also, the small car likely wouldn't be nearly as comfortable for the trip as the roomier, and probably smoother riding, truck. Plus you couldn't bring back much 'loot' in the car!
    Actually, the car works out to about $50 less than taking the truck. A 'full size' malibu gets 28-30 mpg on regular, the truck gets 14 on premium. My price for the rental is $22 per day. Comfort should not be a big issue, but saving all that wear and tear on my old truck would be worth it.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Got home from my grand daughters 1st birthday party and found that the mailman left another package. This time from Fort Knox Who in the world has the authority to get a package of gold sent from Fort Knox ?? The President ?? or maybe the Ambassador

Opening up the package causes the gold dust packaging to spill out all over the dining room table prompting the wife to tell me to get a piece of newspaper or else I'll be spending the afternoon with a vacuum cleaner
    Inside are gold bars, gold nuggets, and this lumpy tube of gold. This is really sweet

I really do mean sweet. Mr. Goodbars, Rollos, and gold covered chocolate nuggets I didn't realize the nuggets were chocolate until my grand daughter Abby bit the corner off one. She said that they were better than real gold. I had to agree.
    Oh ya, the gold bars were actually brass. Height gauges. I saw them in Rocklers latest flyer and was going to order a set tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4442.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	74884Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4443.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	74885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4446.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	74886

Thanks Larry
    Faith, Hope & Charity