I'm rich !!!!!!!!!! ***AGAIN *** ###Yet Again###

Bob Gibson

When I replied to a recent threat about the generosity of our members I jokingly mentioned that I was almost out of gold bars.

Imagine my surprise when I open up the package that the mailman dropped off. It's from from Brent Dowel.
My first thought was to call Rockler and have a new SawStop on the loading dock because I'll be there in 30 minutes to pick it up. Then common sense kick in and figured that I could use them as a down payment on the beach house I've always wanted.
Finally I called my lawyer had had them willed to my grandkids. I'm heading off to the bank right now to put them in my safety deposit box.

Thanks Brent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at these puppies sparkle :D
100_4441.jpg

Last edited:
I had planned on renting a smaller car (read: high mileage) to come down in June. Now I'm thinking, if all that silver is just lying around waiting to be picked up, I might bring the truck! :rofl:

I had planned on renting a smaller car (read: high mileage) to come down in June. Now I'm thinking, if all that silver is just lying around waiting to be picked up, I might bring the truck! :rofl:

How economical would that really be? I figured a small car, at 35mpg - for an 800 mile round trip - would cost about $85.00 for gas, at $3.69 per gallon.

The truck, at 15mpg, would cost about $196.00 for the same trip, or $111 more.

Figuring a three - or maybe four - day rental, It'd be pretty much a wash, wouldn't it?

Also, the small car likely wouldn't be nearly as comfortable for the trip as the roomier, and probably smoother riding, truck. Plus you couldn't bring back much 'loot' in the car! :rofl:

I literally just picked those up off the ground right outside my house! (and added a little silver paint);)

How economical would that really be? I figured a small car, at 35mpg - for an 800 mile round trip - would cost about $85.00 for gas, at $3.69 per gallon.

The truck, at 15mpg, would cost about $196.00 for the same trip, or $111 more.

Figuring a three - or maybe four - day rental, It'd be pretty much a wash, wouldn't it?

Also, the small car likely wouldn't be nearly as comfortable for the trip as the roomier, and probably smoother riding, truck. Plus you couldn't bring back much 'loot' in the car! :rofl:

Actually, the car works out to about $50 less than taking the truck. A 'full size' malibu gets 28-30 mpg on regular, the truck gets 14 on premium. My price for the rental is $22 per day. Comfort should not be a big issue, but saving all that wear and tear on my old truck would be worth it.

Got home from my grand daughters 1st birthday party and found that the mailman left another package. This time from Fort Knox :eek::eek: Who in the world has the authority to get a package of gold sent from Fort Knox ?? The President ?? or maybe the Ambassador ;):)

Opening up the package causes the gold dust packaging to spill out all over the dining room table prompting the wife to tell me to get a piece of newspaper or else I'll be spending the afternoon with a vacuum cleaner :eek:
Inside are gold bars, gold nuggets, and this lumpy tube of gold. This is really sweet :thumb:

I really do mean sweet. Mr. Goodbars, Rollos, and gold covered chocolate nuggets :rofl: I didn't realize the nuggets were chocolate until my grand daughter Abby bit the corner off one. She said that they were better than real gold. I had to agree.:)
Oh ya, the gold bars were actually brass. Height gauges. I saw them in Rocklers latest flyer and was going to order a set tonight.

100_4442.jpg100_4443.jpg100_4446.jpg

Thanks Larry :wave:

Bob, it looks like you could pay off the national debt in one fell swoop. And just think, you could write it off as a charitable tax deduction. My kind of guy!

Got a package from a gold mine in Yorktown Virginia today :eek:

Someone was doing some mining in a potato field and came up with some real gold :D

Roasting them up tonight with salt, pepper, olive oil and rosemary. You guys are great :thumb:

100_4448.jpg

Thanks Ted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh tatoes and small gold ones too oh and Bob boiled with olive oil yummy.

Very good post well done Larry and Ted you genius. Larry u shoulda taken leaf out of Jims book on boxes. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2