new social media

Frank Fusco

There are so many new social media contact forums popping up I can't begin to keep up with what they are much less use them.
Currently, I use e-mail, text, FaceBook and, of course, my discussion forums.
I have but do not use Twitter or Linkedin.
New ones, like something with Google, and others I do not even look at. Those who wish to interface with me on those will be dissapointed, even friends.
My Face Book is very limited to just a few friends and relatives.
I don't want to offend anyone but if I spend more time at the 'puter than I am not I'll have to start getting sustenance by IV and have a bag strapped to my leg. :eek:

It may come from 30-odd years in the business but, I have a healthy level of concern. Big Brother and Goldstein already know plenty about me. I use email and text but other social networking (read demographic and behavior gathering engines) I avoid. Its a personal choice, I choose not to share :D

It may come from 30-odd years in the business but, I have a healthy level of concern. Big Brother and Goldstein already know plenty about me. I use email and text but other social networking (read demographic and behavior gathering engines) I avoid. Its a personal choice, I choose not to share :D

Being a neophyte at all that data gathering stuff that "they" can do. I've often wondered what exactly can be gleaned from the net.

I agree Frank. I don't have time for all the social media stuff.

...I'll have to start getting sustenance by IV and have a bag strapped to my leg. :eek:

What? You mean you don't already have that setup? I've had mine for years...handy for long road trips, too. :rofl:

I agree with you, Frank. Between this and a couple other forums, plus Facebook, that's about all the social networking I have time for. I don't worry too much about the data mining from Facebook, since I make it a point to not to let too many of my real thoughts make it to the screen. (Much the same with other forums.)