Woops!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
You don't think about getting cut from some power tools, but here's one to watch out for. I was power washing the old tractor to get it ready for sale and was holding up a part in one hand when the pressure caused the wand to go across my wrist. I had it set on the 0 degree setting, only took a blink of an eye to take a couple of layers of skin off. Would hate to see how it would have done if it had actually stayed on there for anymore than the split second that it did. I put a coat of "new skin" over it and screamed like a little girl for a bit, but doesn't hurt too much now.

IMAG1572.jpg

Yeah high pressure stuff can be no foolin bad news. Good thing it only took off the top layer or so and didn't go all the way through!!

Honestly I cut myself more on sandpaper than anything else at this point (paper cuts)... at least once I knocked the sharp edges off of the sides of all of my chisels. Those had me redding up projects for a while there until I clued in (I'd fix one.. but then switch sizes and yep.. there we go again)..

Man, you've gotta be trying pretty hard to hurt yourself with water. :rolleyes: As Ken pointed out, it could have been a lot worse. Glad it wasn't. :thumb:

it must have been the day for little ooohwees,, i got to close to a japenezze saw those little teeth are sharp if you get to close and they are like a pikes mouth its all over before you know it:) glad you didnt have a worse case darren..

Ouch! Hope you heal up OK, Darren. :thumb:

Which reminds me - it's time for me to pressure-wash our driveway. Note to self: Watch where you aim that nozzle!!!

Ouch Darren...glad it wasn't worse. Another tip for not taking skin off, don't power wash a patio while wearing flip flops...DAMHIKT! :doh: