Weekend Progress

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I got very little woodworking related stuff done this weekend.

I did get the JD cleaned up, listed on CL yesterday, and sold today.
2013-04-06 16.07.34.jpg

I did get the sharpening arbor setup again and making room for some new gloats this week.
2013-04-05 12.42.22.jpg

I did get rear hitch welded up, painted, and installed this weekend.
2013-04-05 16.37.55.jpg2013-04-05 18.01.57.jpg

And finally I did reclaim some of my shop.
IMAG1577.jpg

That area was covered by about 20 boxes for the last 2 years. Mostly had hardware, electrical stuff, hand tools, and such that got consolidated to common places I have them stored, but now have a better idea of things I have on hand. I did fill two trash cans from these as well.
IMAG1578.jpg

It rained before I could get the whirlpool tub out, cleaned, and pics taken for CL, that will be another 30 SQ ft reclaimed.
IMAG1581.jpg

Finally I have to tackle getting some shelves up to re-organize this mess of boxes my kids have left in my shop to reclaim some of this space. My wife says I can't throw them out. :rolleyes:
IMAG1580.jpg

EDIT: I did also get my wife's car's exhaust leak patched, but only got it clamped. I still need to weld the joints, just ran out steam.

Last edited:
Finally I have to tackle getting some shelves up to re-organize this mess of boxes my kids have left in my shop to reclaim some of this space. My wife says I can't throw them out. :rolleyes:

As a woodworker I hesitate to suggest this... But you might consider just getting one or two (or three?) of those resin-shelf systems from home depot or costco or something like that. The one I just googled up is all of $20. It goes together in seconds, is easily moveable (ie: back to your kids garage to clutter up their space) is plenty strong, and for that price ....

...this mess of boxes my kids have left in my shop to reclaim some of this space. My wife says I can't throw them out. :rolleyes:...

Okay - then store them in her sewing room/hobby area. If you do that, I'll bet they're in the trash by the end of the week. ...and you'd be in the doghouse, but it might be worth it! :eek: :rofl:

As a woodworker I hesitate to suggest this... But you might consider just getting one or two (or three?) of those resin-shelf systems from home depot or costco or something like that. The one I just googled up is all of $20. It goes together in seconds, is easily moveable (ie: back to your kids garage to clutter up their space) is plenty strong, and for that price ....
My project for this next weekend is to make 2x4 shelving for all of it. Figuring to make them 8' X 2' x 6' and should be able to hold most on two units. Some of their boxes feel like they have lead in them, so not sure the plastic ones would hold up, appreciate the suggestion though. :wave:

Okay - then store them in her sewing room/hobby area. If you do that, I'll bet they're in the trash by the end of the week. ...and you'd be in the doghouse, but it might be worth it! :eek: :rofl:

No doubt! :D At least the office is heated, but I may want to wait for the water and sewer lines to get ran up there to live in it full time. :)