Thread: I am new to this forum

Nashua Iowa

I am new to this forum

I am new to this forum so I thought I would just indtroduce my self. My name is Tom, on another forum my name is tablesawtom. I am retired andI have been woodworking for about 40 years. I am not a Neanderthal but I do believe woodwoking requires a person to use a lot of hand tool skills, as well as having the ability to use power tools. the thing I like to build is workbenchs but I only have room for one si I change about every ten years. My other hobbie is old woodworking tools. I like them all but I really like to restore hand planes. I hope what I have to say will be somewhat of an interest to you here on this forum.

Thanks ,

Delton, Michigan
    hey tom i think this a duplicate thread,, if you like we could fix it for you
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Thomasville, GA
    Welcome to the Family, Tom.

I'm mostly a flat land power tool junkie myself, but we're all in this together!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Gonzales, Louisiana
    Welcome, I'm primarily a hand tooler myself. I only post here occasionally but I try to keep an eye on the hand tool section for interesting threads or questions I can help with.

I fully agree that even electron burners should have at least a basic proficiency with hand tools just as they should understand basic joinery. Pocket screws and KD bolts are like duct tape - not a real solution and not real joinery.

Again, welcome.