Burning Wood - 2013 - Who's going?

Are you planning on attending the 2013 Burning Wood event!

• 50/50. I'd like to, but I have trouble planning that far out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this something that we will be able to just "show up" on or do we have to plan in advance to "appear". Do we need a secret password or handshake to enter? I've never used oovoo but I was hoping to be able to log on to see everyone there.

The coach is ready. I've got Don's bean recipe. I'll put a pot together. Hopefully fit for more than Bucky and Logan. Leaving Thursday morning. Get there when I get there but in time to help out on Friday. Haven't found my dovetail jig yet. Will start looking in earnest Monday morning. I am off to a mandatory convention this week. Back Saturday night. Preach Sunday. Get stuff together on Monday and Tuesday. Work ahead so I can be gone a week. Last minute stuff on the chariot and packing for the adventure.

Brent, an address for the GPS would be good. Also, hopefully a relatively flat spot for a 38' chariot. I do have a generator so a plug-in is not needed. It would have to be a 50 amp in any event. Likely you do not have such a thing. Ok to be on the lookout for hitchhikers along the way? Lots of green folks out there that would like to come. hehehehehe :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Or should I just roll on by with a toot of the big air horn?

And course there is always, neener, neener, neener! Can't wait. I so need a break from here.

The beans sound good!

I'm clearing off our paved area just for you to park on. Getting in might be just a little tricky, but I've managed to back up my f350 with a 30' trailer on it easily enough.

No 50 amp power, a 15 amp extension cord is about the best I could provide.

Hitchhikers would be welcome, if you find some. I'm sure we will not be lacking for food or beverage or fellowship.

I've just sent a PM to everyone on the list with directions. If I missed anyone, feel free to PM me.

Really hitting panic mode right now, but really looking forward to it!

Will this dovetail jig work?
FWW-9324.jpg

Actually I have the older PC model, but it is somewhat modified and the secrets are in the details of course. I won't panic until Monday night. No need to order one. But having your blue one handy would allow for comparisons to be made. I am bringing drawer wood, but likely will need your shop to size it as mine is still without power. If anyone coming has one and wants to pack it up, we will be able to make several comparisons and suggestions on how to make it easier to use. I think Rennie is bringing his Leigh jig. Bring the instructions, too, Rennie. I have a three ring binder with owner's manuals of several jigs in it, but goodness only knows where it is. It hard having a shop in flux. And scattered in several zip codes.

BTW, this is my maiden voyage in the chariot. Hope I am ready and know everything I need to know. Plan to make it a careful trip as I get used to things. It rides real easy and I need to really watch my speed. I looked at the map and that road seems to wind all over the place. I think I am glad the Putter Palace will not be following behind. I think I need more practice before I get out to mix it up with the big boys in the truck stops. But it is going to be a blast!

We have taking all the east-west roads in Nevada so far. Our next voyages will be exploring All the North-South.

We have taken 95 most of the way from Vegas to Reno Before. It's not that bad of a drive. There are a few twisty areas where you cross ranges, but most of it is valley travel.

If you happen to love desert scenery, which we do, it's actually beautiful in places.