I Got Paid!

Dave Richards

A few months ago there was a fellow on another woodworking forum who was looking for a design for a lectern. I worked with him on it and did a little doodling and came up with several ideas. This was the final design.

He built it and it came out like this:

The payment for the job? Listen to the first four minutes of this. He does make it sound like I was unemployed at the time which I wasn't. I think this is the best payment I could have received.

Last edited:
I could listen to that man preach. I like that type of comparing/symbolism. You got paid in full, you did a great job Dave, kudos and all the good things that come from doing good works. I am privileged to have met and can say I know you.

I have to retract that statement, didn't even look, thought it Dave Hawskford (who I met at your house). I have had positive dealings with Dave Richards but have failed to meet him face to face.

Well done Dave you sure one heck of a good guy and good guys get their rewards. Man that's a priceless payment to have touched this guy.

But hey that is exactly the Dave we all have come to know.

N'est-ce pas

Jonathan by the way i agree with you on the preacher dude. ;) Like his attitude and the fact that he not only had the gumption to ask for help but ran with the project hook line and sinker. Better than some of Daves other students here like me. :) lol

What a great way for the beneficiary of your talent to recognize you.

I have met Dave his lovely wife and son. I had the pleasure a few years ago when they stopped in on their way to somewhere south of Wisconsin Dells.

Anyone finding themselves in the vicinity of Rochester, MN take a few minutes and say HI to Dave.

Keep up the great work and know that you are blessed Dave.

Karl