BOX SWAP 2013 - Boxes are showing up!!,

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Allrighty then, it is SWAP BOX time:D There has been good interest on the thread http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?29853-Is-it-SWAP-SEASON and there are 16 people that want to participate. NOW here is how I would like to do this, ANY AND ALL are welcome to join in the fun, the due date to have your box completed is May 31, 2013. Your FINAL entry notification to me is WHEN YOUR BOX IS COMPLETE you will PM me that you have a box complete and ready to ship, at that time you will officially be on the list, this way if for unseen reason one can not complete, no one that is done will not receive a box, that happened last time and I do not want that to happen this time. Now if you wish you can still list that you are in the swap OR you do not have to, this I hope/feel will make this a little more exciting......no one will know who is in or who they will receive from:D

Now the requirements for your box......NONE, make what you wish, flat, turned, bandsaw box, combo, it does not matter, just remember you will need to ship it so size accordingly. It also does not matter what your skill level is, if this is too be your first project, AWESOME:thumb: as I said earlier, any and all are welcome and encouraged to participate.

OK folks lets have some fun, I have my plans already, just need to get some wood. If there are any questions, please feel free to either post it here or PM me.

For newer members, these swaps are a blast, check out the older swaps in the swap forum to see how things went before, and the best part is you will end up with a box from a fellow FWW member to display, enjoy, and brag to your friends about, my past ones are displayed with pride in my living room and I show them off to everyone as I am proud to have them.

So LETS MAKE SOME BOXES:D

Last edited:
...For newer members, these swaps are a blast, check out the older swaps in the swap forum to see how things went before, and the best part is you will end up with a box from a fellow FWW member to display, enjoy, and brag to your friends about, my past ones are displayed with pride in my living room and I show them off to everyone as I am proud to have them...

I couldn't agree more Tom!!:thumb: I'm going to try my hand at a flatwork box....so this will be pretty much a first for me. I've got some special wood I want to use so at least the wood will be pretty!

Again, like Tom mentioned...please don't be shy to join in!! All skill levels are welcome!
:wave:

BOX SWAP 2013 - LETS BUILD BOXES!!!

I agree...these swaps are more fun than should be legally allowed. :thumb: Unfortunately, I don't think I can participate this time around, but if that changes, I'll be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kept telling myself that I need to get a design picked out so that I would be ready to go when this build started. :bang: :pullhair: :eek:
Why don't I ever listen to myself. Now in a scramble to fine just the right plan. HMMMM what to do........what to do???????

Well I got sent off to the shop tonight while someone had a party.:( So if the box I made sands up ok I'm in.:thumb:
Can ya believe it they didn't even save me any of the goodies?

Re: BOX SWAP 2013 - LETS BUILD BOXES!!!

Well I got sent off to the shop tonight while someone had a party.:( So if the box I made sands up ok I'm in.:thumb:
Can ya believe it they didn't even save me any of the goodies?

Whaaat you mean you produced such a great kitchen and thats the reward....banishment to the shop with no goodies .....you seemed to draw the short straw Chuck....poor motivation for a bathroom reno....maybe a spell of no bathroom would set it straight. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Whaaat you mean you produced such a great kitchen and thats the reward....banishment to the shop with no goodies .....you seemed to draw the short straw Chuck....poor motivation for a bathroom reno....maybe a spell of no bathroom would set it straight. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Hmmm might just work Rob. But on second thought The longer I leave the bathroom demoed the longer the kids have to use my bathroom. Maybe I'll get off the thing now and get back to work on that bathroom.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

I'm done...can I play?

yep ya sure can:thumb: PM me your address as your official entry to the swap if you would please:)

Well I went to my wood supplier yesterday and scrounged up a decent chunk 'O wood (thanks Larry:thumb:) and have my design, now to start the process today:) I will tell you, I have gave myself a challenge with this one:eek: hope it comes out OK:)

So besides speedy Jim, how's it going for everyone else?