Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, It be Friday - 4/12/2013 Edition

Well, It be Friday - 4/12/2013 Edition

The clouds are supposed to clear off and warm up into the 60's here this weekend. Need to take my wife up to get her reading glasses tomorrow morning, may take her to her favorite brunch spot. I'll probably head home and break the new mower in on it's first mow of the year. I've got some trim to finish touching up in the master bath, then cut some crown for the cabinets in there. Also need to finish changing the rear shocks on my wife's car and looks like I may need some new tie rod ends on mine as well as shocks all the way around, so may start that. If I have time left on Sunday, I've got a couple of planes I want to get sharpened and tuned up.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Re: Well, It be Friday - 4/12/2013 Edition

Well i hope to get some life this weekend.

Last weekend spent whole weekend making sausage have not even had a moment to post a pic or two or write up about the first time experience.
    Later i am off to LV to purchase my bday present for my wife to give me.
    Then if the weather wakes up to the fact that its supposed to be spring and quits the winter perhaps i can see my shop. Otherwise its finishing off the taxes. Oh i hate April and tax time.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    cheers

Supposedly retired, I've been burning midnight oil all week on consulting jobs...sixty hours so far and still going strong. I sense a disturbance in the shop force, since the compressor fund is now going to overflow. This weekend will be also shopping for a new lawn mower. The old Honda HRX self-propelled doesn't propel any more and it's too heavy to push. Over six hundred dollars to replace the transmission in that thing after only seven years seems a bit much. It's planned obsolescence at its best/worst. My old Craftsman ran for 15 years.

Set up new bandsaw! Work on street grinder.
    "We the People ......"

Just watching it snow and wondering how many days til

CHRISTMAS

Tonight dinner and a movie with the wife and kid. Tomorrow morning shop time for me while the wife and kid get manicures. After a light lunch the daughter's first communion and a get together after at a good friends house who's son is also happens to be first communioning (is that a word?) The kids are almost brother and sister, born just 2wks apart and have played together ever since. My wife and his mom are life long friends as well. There will be some embarrassing photos of them both for all to see of course to go along with plenty of food, drink and cake.

Sunday I will start with some shop clean up and then I have someone coming to film me turning a bowl from cutting the log to finish and probably a top or something small. My footage along with other artist's/crafts people's will help promote an upcoming show I'm part of next month...I'll get a link up here for the vid once its completed....pretty excited about this!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup View Post

CHRISTMAS
    Spring is near Karl!! Or so I've been told.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Spring is near Karl!! Or so I've been told.
    Sounds like someone keeps shaking the snow globe rather than letting it settle down.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Jan surprised me today by suggesting we go out to the range and I let her shoo my gun - her first ever time for handling a fire arm! Been a long time for me as well. I have had a Ruger 22 since I was 18, but I've done little more than clean and oil it for the past 40 years. This should be interesting!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup View Post

CHRISTMAS
    time to start living in florida 6 months a year.
    Human Test Dummy