August 23-25. This is the second largest gathering of woodturners outside of the AAW Symposium. Over 800 guests last year. Online Registration is open. Check out the vendors.
Lead demonstrators for the event are:
Regional Demonstrators and the rotation schedule will be posted on the web site (www.swaturners.org) in late April or early May.
Features of the symposium:
· An Instant Gallery in which woodturners display their work.
· A Saturday evening banquet that features a raffle of over 30 beautiful turned pieces.
· A second raffle, using the same tickets, is held during Sunday lunch. This raffle includes 2 full size lathes, plus an assortment of woodturning tools and accessories.
· Vendors will sell equipment and supplies to those attending the symposium at very competitive and usually discounted prices.
· Lunches are provided for those who register for the three-day event.
· Special Interest Groups will hold evening discussion sessions.
· Hands on Pen Turning, and Tool Sharpening areas are available.
· Try out new tools at the Hands on Turning area and obtain "one on one" coaching, or just make some shavings.
· Activities for spouses