HF stop today

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and I were out running errands and got to stop by HF on the way back.

2013-04-13 15.54.35.jpg

Nitrile Gloves
An oscillating cutter
An Angled Die Grinder
Some LED flashlights
Some metric impact deep well sockets
and a Multi-meter that does frequency and temperature, screen also angles to be able to see it more easily when I have to set it down somewhere.

You had your coupon, right?? Every time I've been in a HF this last year the person behind me has not had a 20% off and free flashlight coupon. I always have extras and am glad to share, so I pass them out discretely to the people in line behind me who are coupon challenged. Always tickles me.

You had your coupon, right??

Yup!

Multi-meter didn't light up, did the tongue test and the battery was good, so will have to take it back for an exchange.

I saw they were doing a HF club that was $29 per year that one could join, wondered if they were going to do away with the free coupons now or if it's extra savings over what they send out. Anyone a member for it?

Seems to me the club has been around for a while. Its for extra savings not available to us who are not members. My penciling dictated that I didn't spend enough in year to just $29 to get extra savings.

I was at HF yesterday myself. Sans coupon. Never seem to remember them. Got a solar charger for the brake battery on the PP.

I am a member in the club and have been a couple of times, for me personally I don't think it is worth the price of joining, They never seem to have anything I want for the special members price. I have bought many of the same things the Op bought, Most of their stuff is ok I just try to be careful of what I do buy. I have their 12" planer which I think it is ok for the price I paid for it, The store was changing locations and I got it for $75.00, it was missing some parts and I made the ones I needed for it

Looks like an HF Haul. Seems like I usually go in for one specific thing and I always endup with a few extra doodads here and there!

I've been a member of the Inside Track Club for a couple of years. They send e-mails with special savings coupons. So far it has paid for itself every year, but since there is a diminishing list of the things I want or need from there I'll probably let it lapse one of these years.

You had your coupon, right?? Every time I've been in a HF this last year the person behind me has not had a 20% off and free flashlight coupon. I always have extras and am glad to share, so I pass them out discretely to the people in line behind me who are coupon challenged. Always tickles me.

I have a huge collection of coupons, I get one free each week in local pennysaver.

Im not discreet, I hand them out to everyone on line if they dont have one. I figure its the penalty HF has to pay for making us wait on long lines only having 2 cashiers with 8 or 10 possible cashier stations.

its actually pretty sad, the management. I go to different HF's, and notice theres usuallly 2 or 3 cashiers in each one, and never really stand on a long line.

but where I live, probably one of the most populated areas in the US, the management doesnt think during a sunday or saturday afternoon when its packed, they need more cashiers.

A store in a rural area, same amount of cashiers, never a line. Someone has to wake up and do the math.

I just got back from ACE hardware, the local stores had a 40% off any item today only.

I picked up 2 blades for my multimax, made my wife come along so they wouldnt give me a hard time.

Last edited:
Visited HF yesterday to pick up a 1" Dial Indicator (Pittsburg brand). Waiting in line at the check out & couple in front of me used their 20% coupon for a purchase & they also received a free 25' Tape Measure. They turned around & handed me their coupon for my use, right in front of the cashier & other patrons. Without a word, the cashier gave me the 20% discount & also handed me a new Pittsburg 25' tape, rubber wrapped with 1/32" graduations. Now, how good is that! :thumb:

For those interested a site for HF coupons:
http://promocodesforyou.com/index.php?id=58&gclid=CLuk8sPhzLYCFYyY4AodXngA4A

PS Pittsburg brand products have a Lifetime Warranty.

... They turned around & handed me their coupon for my use, right in front of the cashier & other patrons. Without a word, the cashier gave me the 20% discount & also handed me a new Pittsburg 25' tape, rubber wrapped with 1/32" graduations. Now, how good is that! :thumb: ...

I usually have a coupon with me if I plan to go to HF. If not, they never fail to have at least two different circulars on racks as I walk in the door. I get at least one snail-mail ad a week plus numerous email ads with coupons. Still, I manage to hit the store without them, so I just grab a circular in the store and I'm set.

I do the same Bill; check the circulars upon entering the store. Unfortunately there were no 20%(for any single item) coupons available. Perhaps they were all taken, or I wasn't on mail distribution. The cashier wasn't handing them out on his own, at least when I was there, although they have in the past. The store was busier than usual, probably because of the coupons.

I usually have a coupon or two with me...once my 20% off coupon would scan so instead of typing in the code the cashier pulled out a 25% off coupon and scanned it! My lucky day!:D

I do the same Bill; check the circulars upon entering the store. Unfortunately there were no 20%(for any single item) coupons available...

Those 20% coupons are everywhere - All the WW magazines, all the car magazines, even Parade magazine, American Rifleman, This Old House, and AARP magazines have them, and they're usually good for about three or four months into the future, too. I usually have three or four of them in my wallet.