Natural edge auction piece

Just a piece of maple, nothin special. The oldest sons widow ( i guess she's still my dauther in law):huh: is always into something. Well she's involved in a auction and a big shebang for the cancer association. As i'm always getting asked to make something for some cause or enother by her. This is what i came up with this time. It's 12x 9 1/2x 5 1/4 and only 3/16 thick. (didn't even go through the bottom of this one.):rofl: Thanks and what do ya think. It's not quite finished yet as i want it to be really glassy, so will be adding lots more coats of lacuqar. Has 5 so far.
Steve023 (800x643).jpg024 (800x437).jpg026 (800x450).jpg

Really? Most people can't do NE let alone a perfect shape and keep the bark on!! Nice work on the inside. Wonder if a pink pen would fit in? Good cause and one close to my heart...good work bud!!

Really? Most people can't do NE let alone a perfect shape and keep the bark on!! Nice work on the inside. Wonder if a pink pen would fit in? Good cause and one close to my heart...good work bud!!
Ha bud i know this cause is near and dear to ya.Yea if i knew how to do pens like you there would be one all ready. Thank ya all for the replays they meen more than ya will ever know..

Sha-zayum! That came out looking great, Steve. I'm with Jim...keeping the bark on one that thin isn't easy. Well done. :thumb: