had a nice visit today

Stopped buy to see Jim DeLaney. Too bad I didn't have a camera , you talk about a collection of hand planes!!! He had one there that would where you out just carrying it around :rofl: and this really cool one that had an adjustable sole, you could bow it to go concave or convex.

And his mitre saw station, nicer than my kitchen cabinets.

I made out ok too, last time he was down he took my extra jointer knives home and sharpened them. He also gave something I was missing from my unisaw, A removable splitter!!

Thanks Jim, I had a good time today :thumb:

[size=+1]Robert,
Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoyed the visit. Glad you liked the plane collection. As I said, I've been accumulating them for a long time.

As for the jointer blades, I felt a little sheepish about having had them for so long. I had them sharpened well over a month ago, but just kept forgetting to call or email you about them.

The removeable splitter ought to increase the safety factor on you Unisaw a bit. As I said, I had it on my Powermatic 63, and used it on my Shop Fox until I got the Biesemeyer. It's a good splitter - I just like the Biesemeyer a little better.

Next visit, I'll remember to get the camera out and charge the batteries beforehand...[/size]