isn't it great?

Frank Fusco

Should probably submit on 'watzzit?' :rolleyes:
Simple project for my son. It is a digeridoo hanger for a souveniour brought back from their trip to Oz.
It is pine. I seldom work in pine and the way this took the stain is probably a big reason why. :mad:
The digeridoo is about 4 1/2" diameter and about 5' long. It is just a tube. The bottom will rest on the part with the peg and the top will lay against the peg on top. He wants it upright but at an angle. He can mount this for any angle he wants. The disc at top is to prevent sliding off if bumped.

didgee stand.jpg

I like it Frank!

I made a similar one a few years ago with a good size base that gave me room to do some engraving.

I would bet there are not a lot of Digeridoo stand builders in the good old USA.

I have no pictures but the Digeridoo I made the base for was a work of art. Probably crafted with very simple tools.

I like it Frank!

I made a similar one a few years ago with a good size base that gave me room to do some engraving.

I would bet there are not a lot of Digeridoo stand builders in the good old USA.

I have no pictures but the Digeridoo I made the base for was a work of art. Probably crafted with very simple tools.

I posted it as more of a joke. Really simple design and project. But I'm grossed out by the way the stain looks. Oh, well. My son's digeridoo is also quite fancy. Lots of painting and aboriginal symbolism on it. Really a great keepsake from their time in Oz. This holder should display it well.

Looks plenty functional to me, Frank. If you're not happy with the stain, maybe it's not too late to paint it a solid color. Gloss black would be my choice. It would kind of hide in the background and not compete with the artwork on the didgeridoo itself.