TN MVD Surgery

Prayers for the recovery process on their way! Sorry, I've been on a trip to Virginia for the past 8 days and just now seeing this. Hey Stu, I've got an idea....will she obey her mother? If so, tell the monsterinlaw that her duty is to keep Emiko quiet for the prescribed period of time! Jim.

Thanks Jim

You have to understand, the Monster-In-Law is completely self centered, everything is about how it affects her, period. She was trying to call Emiko while she's in the hospital to ask her some stupid question about something not important, I had to take the phone out of her hand and explain that you don't call someone at the hospital at 9:30PM one day after they had surgery, not a good idea.

Emiko is doing very well, they have removed the headband bandage, which means her glasses stay on her face so she can read a book now, and she can put an ear bud in her left ear and hear music from her iPhone or listen to her small radio. She is up and around, walking and talking and bored out of her mind. She is almost completely off the TN drugs, but they can't go off too quickly. She saw the surgeon yesterday, and he said the surgery went very well, he was pleased. I hope to have her back soon, but not too soon, I'm working all day every day, so I can't really take care of her, and I don't want her back until she is able to take care of herself, and then she still should spend another week at home without stress or without going into the L shop, I doubt that will happen, but I'm going to do my best to make sure that if she does go to the shop, she will be there for a very limited amount of time.

Cheers!

Good to hear the update. Is there a neighbor that stays home that could check up on her and make sure she doesn't overdue? Tell her to be smart and heal. Jim.

Not really Jim, it's not that kind of a community here, different culture and all that :rolleyes:

She is really back on her feet, I'm worried that she is working too much, but I seem to be in the minority on this one. I still chase her out of the shop after 8PM (we are open from 10 AM until 1AM) She started today around 3PM and as soon as she showed up, the Monster-in-law skipped out and went upstairs :bang: the CoC limits me to saying what I'd really like to say.....sigh.

The thing is Emiko is doing very well, she has only had some fleeting pain, way less intensity than before, but still has some, the surgery went well, but they did not find the problem they thought they would, the blood vessel was NOT touching the nerve, so the cause of the pain was not apparent. The surgeon said he straightened out the nerve cluster and that in itself should reduce the pain, :dunno: but she is off most of the mind numbing drugs, still I worry she will over do it, she is not the "sit quietly" type, just one reason I love so much :D

Cheers!

Thoughts and prayers with you and Emiko. Modern surgery is fascinating and we all should be grateful to be living in times when such things are possible. Not to upstage, but my son's recent accident proved that. Micro surgery saved his fingers.
Anticipating a report of positive outcome. The time in hospital will be difficult for both of you.

Hi Stu, I am so glad to hear the surgery went well. I know it may be impossible but could you just close the shop and take a vacation outside of Tokyo?