Kitchen Island complete

Jim Hager

Well here is the kitchen island, hopefully in the right size of pic. I completed it today and brought it into the house to install it into the new kitchen. Behind the door with the handle is a double 50 qt. trash can, the other drawers are for baking goods. I did partition the compartments off from each other so as not to mix unwanted odors.P4180057.jpgP4180058.jpgP4180059.jpgP4180060.jpgP4180061.jpg The color is a light green that my wife chose and vandyke brown glaze. The granite is a color they call "absolute black" it probably weight in at more than the entire cabinet. I do not plan to attach anything to the floor and don't need to since the sheer weight will hold it in place.

Really nice work on the island - your workmanship is an inspiration.... oh - guess that was you career. Now, I am less sure about your wife's choice of color. Okay, but not my favorite.

Really nice work on the island - your workmanship is an inspiration.... oh - guess that was you career. Now, I am less sure about your wife's choice of color. Okay, but not my favorite.

Charlie, the island looks better in person than it does in the photos. I tried 3 different times to get good photos of the island last night before I posted anything. I had to turn the flash off completely to get what I got. With the flash on it looked white but dirty. LOL The color is much richer to my eye in the kitchen. Hey and if it's what she wants it's what she gets. All I am is the builder.:rolleyes:

Thanks to the rest of you guys for your comments. It was a fun project, certainly not the daily grind.