New Job!

Ned Bulken

The courier job I took a couple of months ago didn't work out quite how I expected... but in the end it actually may have worked out better. I wasn't making enough $ on the run I had, and with my rapidly aging rendezvous, I wasn't taking enough home after expenses, so I put in notice. About the time I got done, however, they put an ad out for a manager position. I applied, interviewed and got the job, I start on Monday. I'll also be giving up the bus driving job which honestly kept the lights on , but wasn't 'all that' otherwise.

full time with benefits (after 90 days...)... decent company and just about recession proof (pharmacy delivery of medicaid prescriptions is our core business...).

Thanks all!
I have had a busy week, but not quite in the way I had hoped...

Monday I rode along with my management team partner, to learn where to go on one of the routes I will be doing. (I get to do that again this afternoon, and then will be 'live' dispatching tomorrow. )

Tuesday I had a heckuva long day, I did my three hour bus run at 6am, then did a 'stat' delivery for 5 hours. when I was done with that I fully intended to grab some sleep before I did a ride along (the one I'm doing today)... but at 4:30 I got an urgent phone call, the driver who took over my binghamton run had been in an accident (he's fine) and his car was(is) messed up. Could I cover the binghamton run which oh, by the way picks up at 5pm? Sure, I can do it... and head to do the run. I got in that night at 12:45. Grabbed a few hours of sleep and went to do my bus run at 6am. Thankfully I was training my replacement on that run, and I let him drive.

I took the rest of wednesday off from the pharmacy job (though I had to do another bus run), and then did the binghamton run thursday and friday.

Today I'm catching up on household chores and then I have to go in to the new job this afternoon some time.

So, the light is closer in the tunnel, I don't quite think it is a train this time though!