FRIDAY!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Going to try to make sense of the collage in the PP. I added the missing tools to my Sketch-Up drawing last night. It ain't all gonna fit! Sheesh! Probably a tool sale in my future.

Maybe I'll find the collects for Al's router so I can send it.

Have a date night tonight at a new winery/restaurant to try out.

I have a hair dryer pullout to build this weekend and get some door and drawers finished and installed. My parents are back in town, so will be getting a bunch of AZ grapefruit to process and freeze. Need to get some more leaves bagged from the back yard also.

TGIF. I have a drawer unit to finish and fill up and then a shop to return to "normal" so I can get back to my kitchen hutch.

Last edited:
Got some shop organizing to do, Router table reconfiguration, and an entertainment center to wrap up.

Plus about 100 other things.

Oh, Today I'm making home made bratwurst. Gotta start thinking about vittles for the BW2013, so need to start testing things out.

Out to watch the white sox game with my BIL...he's a baseball fan, I like beer!:rolleyes: Tomorrow my dad and I are attending an all day demo by woodturner Trent Bosch....can't wait! :D Sunday I hope to spend in the shop once the wife gets back into town sometime early afternoon.

Friday: LOML and I hitched up our utility trailer and helped a neighbor haul off a sofa, then pick up a new sofa and two chairs. Had to dodge a few raindrops, but we got it tone. I'll do a little work on my boxes for the swap this afternoon.

Saturday: More work on my boxes for the swap. Yes, boxes. LOML said I have to make her one also!

Sunday: Hopefully, a lazy morning and brunch followed by a relaxing day and some NASCAR.

Monday: Drive to the in-laws for a visit.

Free-forming it again this weekend. No real specific plans other than a bit of cleaning up around the apartment. Probably go visit my new grand-niece (or is it great-niece?...whatever my nephew's new baby is supposed to be called). Have a good friend and former coworker who's in a nearby town this weekend...probably get together with her sometime for lunch or dinner.

Busy! Thought I might get a sleep-in, but that's not happening.
Big program launch announcement at Wolfville Farmers Market - have to go support some of our junior staff who've done a lot of work on this "buy local food" promotion. Help son with his booth at local home show. Meet some people who are looking for Shetland sheep breeding stock. And, it's spring - outdoor jobs everywhere I look. I don't see any shop time in there though :(

Enjoy your weekend everyone, and safe travels.:wave:

I will be continuing with admin work and tax prep for the family. Then change snow tires out on Lindas car yippeee at least that will put a real tool in my hands. And then prep the luggage trailer we have to be ready to pick up son from University in Kingston, years gone by quick and he is home for the holidays.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Not much chance of shop time this weekend. Tomorrow, I'm helping #3 son shop for a car in the morning (he's about to graduate from college). Then I'm helping my publisher launch a new book (not by me) in the early afternoon. Then it's on to the Bethesda Literary Festival, where they're giving me some prize or other. On Sunday, I have to spend all day at the Kensington International Day of the Book. Alas, I just discovered I'll be reading at the same time as James L. Patterson, so there'll be a big crowd around his reading, and none at mine... ;) I'm a mere 'featured reader' from the Kensington Row poetry series, so my name ain't exactly in lights. Still, it's kind of cool: they close off the streets, and people roam around, just like in the old days...

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
...Alas, I just discovered I'll be reading at the same time as James L. Patterson, so there'll be a big crowd around his reading, and none at mine... ;)

Reminds me of the time I did a one hour talk about data caching on OpenVMS systems at a computer symposium in Sydney while Microsoft was announcing the Australian release of Windows 95 in the auditorium next door. For some reason, the attendance at my talk was pretty sparse. :rolleyes: :D

First weekend in a while to not deal with werky-werk or relatives. Weather is supposed to be fantastic, so I think I'll spend it all outdoors rummaging through the yard. Maybe start thinking about what I want to start planting in my SFG (square foot garden).

My plans have changed slightly. Have to do some weed spraying in the morning, then I'm going to go do some shopping.

Tomorrow is Record Store Day and I'm going to buy some vinyl records for the first time in probably 30 years? Got the turntable running, and I'm ready to rock.

But other than that, yeah, still got a lot to do...