New scam to look out for.

Bart Leetch

I reprieved this in E-mail today. I've only purchased 1 major round trip airline ticket in my life. So I know this is bogus. I did travel a lot with the military footing the bill though.

If you can't download ticket move this message to "Inbox" folder.

American Airlines

Customer Notification
Your bought ticket is attached to the letter as a scan document.

To use your ticket you should Download It .

E-ticket Seat Date / Time of Departure Flight Time Arriving Ref Bag Form of payment Total Price
EH1195289751 61A/ZONE 2 28 APRIL, 2013, 10:47 PM 09:35 Oakland EF9885 ST / OK 3PC CC 181.81 USD

Thank you, AA Team.
American Airlines 2013

Not new, but still a valid warning. :thumb: I've been getting several of these per month for years. (I also have a lot more email addresses than most people, so I tend to get more of this type of thing.)

Bottom line: DO NOT click on email attachments unless they are A) from someone you know, and B) something you're expecting from that person.

As an aside, I've gotten no fewer than four of these in my Inbox since Bart posted this thread. Some scum has been busy. :rolleyes:

You can avoid this by simplifying your SPAM filter. For me, ANYTHING that I am not expecting is unwelcome and therefor SPAM. A few times a year I will get SPAM in my inbox as the evil-doers find new holes to take advantage of. The internet is full of scum who are so low that lawyers scrape them from the bottom of their shoes.

You can avoid this by simplifying your SPAM filter. For me, ANYTHING that I am not expecting is unwelcome and therefor SPAM. A few times a year I will get SPAM in my inbox as the evil-doers find new holes to take advantage of. The internet is full of scum who are so low that lawyers scrape them from the bottom of their shoes.

In my case (running several websites and such), heavy filtering isn't really a workable option. I'm often getting unexpected, but needed, messages. Instead, I've just gotten pretty vigilant and aware of spam messages and have gotten quick to spot and delete them.