What I did in the military

That brings back memories Paul.
Where I grew up in northwestern New Brunswick, the family farm was about 5 miles cross-country, just across the border from Loring AFB, northern Maine. There was virtually always one or two of these and a couple of B52s in the circuit, passing right overhead.
The annual base open house was always a lot of fun and we went often. The border was a lot simpler procedure than it is today.
Thanks for posting this.

Paul does the picture mean you managed the refueling at the rear of the tanker or were you a pilot in the jet being refueled. Either way very very cool.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

USAF 1959-1963.
Weather Observer technician. Little over a year at Larson AFB in Washington State actually being a weather observer. Transfered to High Wycombe Air Station in England. Tough service, sometimes I actually had to walk to the pub. Worked inside as an editor translating coded weather info and resending it from U.S. to Europe and the other direction. Had temp. duty intercepting Russian broadcasts. It was a bad day when I didn't win the darts games and had to pay for my own beer.

USN 1960-1964
Radio Operator Nav-ComSta Guam 1961-1963 - Communication between 7th fleet and the world. Major communications transfer point for the western Pacific.
Jan 1963 - Aug 1964 - USS Finch out of Treasure Island .... 30 days in port 30 days at sea working for the USAF Air Early Warning System... every ship or plane that crossed our station had to identify themselves to us... reported all inbound traffic to airforce.

U.S. Army Security Agency, (no longer in existence), July 1967- Dec 1973. North Vietnamese Linguist. Spent a year at Monterey , CA. learning the language. Then direct support to National Security Agency. Duty in Vietnam, Texas, Okinawa, Thailand and Maryland.

Flight Simulator Tech 1974-1979. Haa Haa Join the Air Force to see the world and they sent me to McClellan AFB just outside of Sacramento CA. My parents lived just down the street.

Lt Cmdr(ret) CVN 72 Ground Force Intel DS/DS-1 1981-2002, Corpman from 81-88. For some stupid reason Unit Ofcr HHS/NDMS/DMAT CA-6-current. Thanks for the service brothers!!