Steam Powered Box Shop

Mike Stafford

A friend sent me this link to a YouTube video showing the process this family uses to make boxes in their steam powered shop. The video is very high quality and I loved seeing how things were done in the good old days. I don't think this company has been visited by OSHA and I hope they never are. My grandfather talked about working in a shop like this when he was young and it was good to relive his stories as I watched the video.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/_mKSKZau9qs

Thank you Mike for bringing that to my attention. As others said, "great!". Anyone wonder why the dog was bob-tailed???????? hmmmmmmmm. By golly they didn't need the latest and greatest gizmo, but they sure put out the product with little fuss. Bet that was a high tech shop in its day. Have some amish shops that still use belts and a motor outside the shop, really amazing the sound difference.

Thank you Mike for bringing that to my attention. As others said, "great!". Anyone wonder why the dog was bob-tailed???????? hmmmmmmmm. By golly they didn't need the latest and greatest gizmo, but they sure put out the product with little fuss. Bet that was a high tech shop in its day. Have some amish shops that still use belts and a motor outside the shop, really amazing the sound difference.

Jonathan, the bobbed tail dog was undoubtedly the result of an unfortunate rocking chair accident. Nothing related to whirrng belts and pulleys for sure.:rolleyes: