Thanks Paul!!!

Al Launier

i just received a surprise package from Paul Douglas. Paul sent me a beautiful Pen and a beautiful Ice Cream Scoop that he made. Total surprise. So nice of you to do this! It seems you folks really enjoy surprising your fellow FWW members.

Thanks Paul. These are truly works of art that I will them display proudly.

Attachments

• Pen & Ice Cream Scoop from Paul Douglas 4-25-2013-1.jpg
    Pen & Ice Cream Scoop from Paul Douglas 4-25-2013-1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 33
Those look great, Paul. :clap:

Al, you started it...you sent Paul the wheels. ;) We get a lot of that kind of thing around here. :thumb:

Id like to know what finish did you use on that scoop handle?

man, thats pretty.

I just went through the grids of micro mesh, than Hut's plastic wax, buffed it on my buffer and finally shined it with Renaissance Wax. Same with the pen. The blank is whatever pen blanks are made of, the white ends are corian, color called rice paper.

I've been very fortunate. When I first met Bob Gibson, he had given me a couple of beautiful pens that he had made as a gesture of friendship. And then Larry surprises me with a couple of planes & a foam pad. And today I've been given a handsome pen by Paul, and a beautiful ice cream scoop that Joann "scooped" up as soon as she saw it. I'll have to christen that with vanilla ice cream & a red raspberry topping. All of these gifts were wonderful surprises and are very meaningful, ones that will be treasured. Looks like I've stumbled onto a friendly family of woodworking professionals. Hope I can repay in some way.