Abother nice score today.

John Pollman

I picked up a pretty nice little antique dresser this afternoon. It just needs a little TLC and it will be ready to put back into service. Should bring a nice price when I'm done with it!

dresser.jpgdresser mirror.jpg

Made short work of that! :)

Worked on it a little bit last night, and a couple hours this morning and it's pretty much ready to go. The guy I got it from called it a dresser, which made sense. But it's got a tag on the back that says Forsyth Dining Room Furniture Co. Maybe it's some sort of sideboard, buffet, or something. Either way, it's a pretty nice looking piece. It's 38"w x 20"d x 34-1/2"h. I shouldn't have any trouble selling this piece!

dresser1.jpgForsyth tag.jpg

Is that what was called a "dry sink"? Your pitcher and bowl went on top of it.

Like that hutch/cabinet in the first picture behind it as well.

What do pieces like that go for in your neck of the woods???

I'm no expert, but I just listed the "dresser" on CL for $200. People buying things on CL always want to beat you down 20-30%. I figure it's probably worth a buck and a half. That china cabinet in back is one that I picked up OFF THE CURB last fall! I put a couple sets of hinges on it and I put it on CL for $600. Had a couple inquiries about it, but they were both "I'm overseas but I'll give you $50 more than asking price and send you a certified check. When it clears, my mover will come and take it". I replied to both with "NO THANKS". It needs a little touch up in a few places, but I don't want to mess with it. If those spots were touched up nicely, I think it could easily go for $800-$1000. I know you couldn't touch a piece like that for under three to four grand new! Here's a better shot of that one.

Base.jpgtop.jpgdetail.jpgchina cabinet.jpg

I agree with Darren. Came out looking great, John. You sure didn't waste any time getting it cleaned up, either. :thumb:

They look great. I think you need to raise your prices. Maybe even put them in a gallery (if they own it, you should get half the selling price, but half would be more than you were asking for either of these). If you own it while it sits in the gallery, they typically get about 30% of the selling price.

That sure came out looking nice John. I used to know a guy who did the same thing with cars. Bought something with good bones and made it look purty. Then resold for a nice profit.