Old lawyers know never to gloat, but...

Isn't this a pretty mess?

IMG_0118.jpg

The first pic shows the new SawStop and Jet 12" combo with helical head, awaiting the electrician (Saturday) and a good deal of setting up, including mounting the Incra fence system on the saw and redoing the dust collection piping.

IMG_0119.jpg

On the left side of the CMS stand, you can see the Bench Dog router table extension, which is going to be mounted on the right side of the saw. I have a set of rail support legs to go on the right end of the rails, plus another set which will mount directly to the router table extension. I suspect that will be sturdy enough.

While I was out of my mind, I also picked up a Festool TS55, which I keep up in the garage. A long time ago, wrestling a 4 by 8 sheet of 3/4" plywood down to the basement would be doable; no more. I now break down big sheets in the garage, using a sacrificial frame and some rigid foam mounted on a pair of sawhorses. Can't wait to try going to finished panels with the new track saw.

Needless to say, I'm having good time with the new tools.

Tony

Last edited:
Congratulations Tony you realise of course you wont have any excuses left now when you make a mistake. :thumb: Excellent choice in tools I like your taste. Hope you have many happy enjoyable and safe hours working with them.