Hanging vanity

Rich Soby

Just finished building a hanging vanity for a client. Installing tomorrow, then the stone cutter can come and template for the top.
Gonna look pretty sharp when its all dressed up with sinks and hardware!

lol its actually laying on the sawhorses I just finished putting the last coat on the doors and drawer fronts. I was standing on a ladder taking the pic. I rotated the pic to show it as it will hang with the center drawer unit hanging lower than the two flanking sink cabinets

that rack in the left of the pic is a material handler from hafele. its real handy I think I can put up to 40 cabinet doors on it for drying

That will create a very cool look; like its floating. I like lighter woods like that for bath and kitchen. Dark heavy colors make those sometimes smaller areas look cramped to me. Try and catch a pic when the top is in place. I'll bet it is going to look great.

the top is set at 36 inches the vanity is 62 wide 21 deep the center drawer unit is 23 deep and 18 wide. we hung it temporarily today so the stone guys can come template and we can get the steel supports made. then we'll take it down mount the steel and remount the cabinet. there will also be a diagonal brace on the left inside as that is the end that floats the other is against a wall and I can catch a stud about 2 inches back from the face.
Possibly soapstone for the top, that was the original leaning but the tile he chose may steer that othewise. Ill definitely get some pics when its all said and done.