Ride to Gettysburg

Did about a 200 mile ride. A lot of back roads through Pa & Md. Got a couple visits in along the way. Had lunch at The Pub in the main circle in Gettysburg where my niece is the pastry chief. If your up there she make one heck of a carrot cake and the burgers and sandwiches are very good. Then a quick ride around the back side of the battlefield and were tried a few new back roads that were a little twisty. Its nice ti ride some new roads in and old area. Ya and we stopped at Gettysburg Harley , it was make a wish day. A lot of cool things happening.
150 anniversary of Gettysburg this year. Should be crazy @ bike week.

Rennie their are some things that freak people out. Not many things will freak me out but as I ride over or past a creek in Gettysburg I have to look at the water. I just envision Creeks running RED. A lot of folk talk about it being a very spiritual place. That I don't see. I see a lot of hopes dashed and gained.

my father was a history nut, he spent his short life studying every fact about the civil war. He purchased very expensive books way back in the 50s that detailed out every battle, battle plans, etc......
He visited that battlefield as well as a few other important battle sites up and down the east coast.
Ive been to Gettysburg a few times.

I've never been there, but hope to visit Gettysburg someday. Looks like you had great conditions for the ride, Dave. :thumb:

I was in the Pocono mountains from weds to Saturday, I never put the top up on the car, the weather was fantastic, and I bet it was a bit warmer where dave was further south and west.