Slanted door cabinet

Hi guys, I'm workimg on a design of a cabinet that will have slanted doors, due to that and gravity those doors will tend to close by theirown weight.
Are there any friction hinges that prevent that? Or should I be lookin for some small gas pistons like the ones that can be found on car trunks?

Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Toni

Since I know nothing about what you asked about I will only send you a message: The plane you made has been having a good time and told me to tell you, "Hi!"
Enjoy,
JimB
I'm glad that it is of use to you Jim. BTW I took me a while to teach it to talk so thatyou could have a shop mate ;)

Hi guys, I'm workimg on a design of a cabinet that will have slanted doors, due to that and gravity those doors will tend to close by theirown weight.
Are there any friction hinges that prevent that? Or should I be lookin for some small gas pistons like the ones that can be found on car trunks?

Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Toni

Can you post a drawing or picture showing the configuration you're referring to?

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

Haven't heard an update or whether you found what you asked about. So, I'll ask again...can you post a drawing or picture showing the configuration you're referring to?

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

mike he doesnt get time to be on here real often right now he is all over the country over there for his work.. i am sure he will respond once he gets some free time:)

mike he doesnt get time to be on here real often right now he is all over the country over there for his work.. i am sure he will respond once he gets some free time:)

Thanks a lot Larry, you are right on the spot, I've been travelling for the past week and half of this one. With no chance of catching up with my posts and the rest.

Haven't heard an update or whether you found what you asked about. So, I'll ask again...can you post a drawing or picture showing the configuration you're referring to?

Sorry Mike, my apologies for answering so late, I'm including a rough sketch to better explain the problem I hope it helps. From my point of view the only solution is to fold the doors completely to the side of the cabinet to makem them stay in that position by themselves, otherwise they will close by the force of gravity.
See sketch included. ( note this is not the cabinet desing, it is just a crude and quick image).
image001.jpgimage002.jpg

Here's a suggestion. Make one door to cover the opening. Use euro hinges at the top, and lock up brackets to hold the door open. They are the type that you lift the door up to a preset opening, and it stays there. Lift it again and it can be let down.

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif