Weekend starting early

boy dave if i wasnt tied up here i would be there to help you,, i am not near as good at the stuff you do but i sure would do all i could to help you.. maybe later in the year i can slip away:)

Thanks Larry. I guess I need to work this weekend now. LOL

Thursday morning a big tom came in did not like the her decoy, Thursday afternoon. Had a nice tom working to me and out of no where another tom came running by me with a feet straight out to the decoy set up , missed the shot and he keep getting it. This morning set on on one side of the field and at 8:30 moved to the other side. About 9:30 decided to move back and as I was crawling out the under the cedar I see 2 fans about 70 yards up the field. They wanted to go to my decoy set up on the other side of the field but my soft purring kept them interested. After about 20 minutes one was about 35 yards silhouetted on a mall rise and he stuck his neck out and down he went. 19 pounds , 1.5" spur on one side 1" on the other and 10" beard.

Ted no I haven't in fact I have gained a lot of confidence in my ability to call birds. Just not my shooting. Worst shooting in my life. But the eyes are having a lot to do with that. So I'm getting a scope for the shot gun. A friend was having the same problem and he suggested I try one. Getting old has it's drawbacks. Right ! LOL