My next project... Tiger's chairs.

Gerald, I think you completely misinterpreted Robs helpful advice.

Understand that since what you have designed is a relatively simple painted woodworking project based on copyrighted material, you should be a little more understanding of some of our members skepticism. Some might remark that your comments in this thread also say a lot about your character. Tom, Ted, Rob, and John are some of the nicest most helpful gentlemen you could ever hope to find.

All they are doing is discussing the nature of patenting something that is a decorative twist based on a tried and true design. Obviously you disagree, which is fine, but please keep the discussion civil.

I can respect someone who goes to all the trouble and expense to get a patent, without regard to the reason. I'm sure there are lots of folks who have patented designs and processes that have never paid off in significant monetary rewards. I once worked on a community development committee with a college professor who held over 40 patents. He told me that only two had earned him anything, but they hit big time....and he drove a beautiful high end Porsche--new every year. I'm still waiting for my money making epiphany. I hope it dosen't arrive while I'm asleep. If you are proud of an idea and have the resources, by all means patent it and let the critics get their own patents.

John I am very sorry to hear about your condition and I hope the best for you. John, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!

Last edited: