I throw myself at the mercy of the council....

Rich Soby

I went to use my shoulder plane for the first time in about 2 years today. It has been sitting on the shelf on the "corrosion resistant paper" it came in all this time. when I looked on the downward facing side this is what I discovered.
I must confess my dereliction of duty to my tools and place myself at the mercy of my peers....
Let the censuring begin.... :(

:doh::eek::(

For this shameless act I decree that you must wrap it up and send it to me where it can sit on the shelf next to the rest of the plans peacefully rusting away.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

rather than doing what chuck said,, wrap it up and send it to me and i will clean it up and keep it that way ..partially threw regular use rather being neglected for 2 yrs

rather than doing what chuck said,, wrap it up and send it to me and i will clean it up and keep it that way ..partially threw regular use rather being neglected for 2 yrs

Where is that "LIKE" button when you need it :D

I think you should be sentenced to sharpen and clean ALL of your hand planes and chisels, and I mean ALL of them!

Buy some of the CRC 3-36 and get in the habit for spraying it on your hand tools, it works very well.

CRC--336reg-MultiPurpose-Lubricant--Corrosion-Inhibitors-1M2--ba.jpg

When I first looked at your picture I had a snappy comeback. However, after reading all of the posts I forgot it. So, just insert some snappy comeback in the following space _____________ and pretend it came from me.

Rich, that is so sad that I am sure all woodworkers feel like sending you a "Sympathy" card.

Enjoy,
JimB

Funny how perceptions work. Here we are, giving Rich a royal hard time about some spot rust on a newer plane, yet we seem to have no problem cleaning up an old plane that's so rusty it sheds an orange cloud of dust every time it's set down on the bench. :D

It's not rust, fellas. It's pre-patina. :rofl: