Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm and JURK.....or am I ?

I'm and JURK.....or am I ?

Last week was the wife's Birthday and them Sunday Mothers day. I like to get her hot under the collar so I ignored both.

BUT next weekend my sister in law is having a 60th BD party for 3 of us in the family turning 60 this year and everyone on her side of the family will be their. So here's what I did; I called Jacob in Iowa and told him he needed to come home for the party, he said he didn't have the cash and had to work. I told him I'd pay for the trip. So he has taken off work and will fly in and my son Jarrod will pick him up and the airport and stay with him Saturday and come to the party Sunday. I told him he will need to do one thing for me. Kiss your mother on one side of the cheek and say Happy Birthday and on the other side say happy Mother day.

This should be fun.......
    OK Larry you can not call Shelly ...LOL
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    I like to get her hot under the collar so I ignored both.
    Words fail me.

Would not work here. That's all I'll say.
    Hope she enjoys the surprise and eventually forgives you...
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

I missed my wife's birthday earlier this year. It was not pretty.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

There are no hunting weapons kept at home so I'm safe there. But I think "Come Sunday it will be all right"
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

Sorry Dave but the way you put the story about ignoring mothers day and your wifes birthday you do come across as a bit inconsiderate Does she ignore fathers day and your birthday as well ??

Instead of your son why don't you kiss her on each cheek then run like heck
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Bob understood. It's kind of my own way of giving her a gift that will go over very big with her and I know she will see the reason for me being a jurk.

dave i think your a fool for doing that, what little i know about shelly is that your on very thin ice if any at all you should never do either of what you did..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Sorry, Dave, but I put you in the jerk category as well. What are you teaching your sons? That only they should honor their mother but not their wives? Husbands are models. Deal with it. An apology to Robin is in order, but it is your marriage. Personally I would clock you into the middle of next week if I were your wife. But then that is just me. You are a talented guy and likely a good provider, but this sucks.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Maybe this will be a better
    Explanation.
    For my wife's birthday she usually take off to a B&B FOR R&R weekend, I'm good with that. I usually decorate the front of the house with hanging flower pots. I didn't this year, I really didn't have the extra 250 bucks. The mothers day I spent the day with my mom who has alhimers and did see my wife all day. Told her Happy mothers day that evening. So to kind of settle up I called my son in Iowa told him I would pay his ticket for him to come home next weekend for a family party to celebrate 3 of us who are turning 60 and it would be a surprise for your mother when she sees you at the party.*So will this cove my back side ?__________________
    Last edited by Dave Hawksford; 05-14-2013 at 02:36 AM.

mo' better, friend.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed