New Lock miter bit jig from Infinity

Seems like if you made a successful lock miter the first time, you could save the pieces and use those to calc the middle of the bit.

All I can say is the lock miter bit is one router bit that gives the majority of woodworkers a fit to set up let alone repeat. Here is a jig that can be used to set up the bit in one shot and even do the set up for different thickness pieces to be used on the same joint. If setup for this bit was so obvious and simple a jig like this wouldn't be needed and you wouldn't find woodworkers posting questions on how to set them up on all the different forums.

Because of a jig like this I was able to do this joint on the first setup and because of this jig.
004.jpg

All I can say is the lock miter bit is one router bit that gives the majority of woodworkers a fit to set up let alone repeat. Here is a jig that can be used to set up the bit in one shot and even do the set up for different thickness pieces to be used on the same joint. If setup for this bit was so obvious and simple a jig like this wouldn't be needed and you wouldn't find woodworkers posting questions on how to set them up on all the different forums.

Because of a jig like this I was able to do this joint on the first setup and because of this jig.
View attachment 75718

Alan I think the jig is a great idea just WAY out of my price range to ever own. I will buy one in a heart beat if they ever come down to a reasonable price.

the lock miter has been responsible for the creation of many new languages as one usually ends up speaking in tongues after several attempts at set up. also it has been known to cause fits and temper tantrums in normally sanguine individuals.
If one uses this joint a fair amount and on varieing thicknesses of wood I could easily see investing the fifty bucks. That said, if one rarely uses the lock miter then sometimes its better to set up a video camera and record the demonic possession that takes place in the shop trying to get those two pieces to mate up!