My Brand New Frog Pond Guitar!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Look at what came in the mail for me today!

My very own frog pond guitar! I saw Jay put together his website to sell his creations, and couldn't resist being his first online customer!

I'd love to play it, but I spent 4 hours today running a mini trencher machine, and I'm not even sure how I'm able to type right now.

I'm going to take it a little easier tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to upload a sound bite of it soon.

I love it. Really a cool looking addition to my collection!

Thanks Jay!

cigarboxguitar.jpg

Last edited:
:rofl:With all the instruments I saw at your place when we visited you, mostly guitars and banjos; going for a 3 stringed one, sounds as if you were getting lazy. Doesn't it? I mean, with four fingers you play six string instruments, now with four fingers you'll be playing a three strings one. Tch Tch... Definitely the crisis is reaching unsuspected corners...:D

Just kidding Brent, no offence intended.

BTW it looks great, looking forward to hear it. :thumb:

Ok, So, well, I'm no expert guitar player, and I'm not in the best of shape. But I love this guitar. Tuned G-D-G(up one octave) and using a glass slide I bought literally over 30 years ago, just a sample of what this sounds like.

https://soundcloud.com/brent-dowell/frogpond

That sounds sweet. Was that through a real amp or through modeling software?

One of these days I'm gonna have to get (or make) a CBG. Just hearing this little clip makes me want to tear it up on one. :D

That's through a little VST Plugin called 'Guitar Rig 4' and recorded with Cakewalk.

Next sample will be through an amp though, maybe later tonight.