Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tornado alley...please check in!

Tornado alley...please check in!

Bernie and others in the path...let us know you folks are ok.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

My wife and I had planned to stay in Texas a little longer this morning, but got a text from my MIL that OK City was going to have Tornado warnings around 3:00 pm and Joplin around 7:00 pm, so gave the nephews hugs/kisses and hit the road first thing. Just got home about an hour ago and sounds like the storm that hit OK City and Wichita is heading this way, hopefully it has lost some of it's spunk.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

The storm came up the Kansas Turnpke from Wichita and went thru here around 5:30. Funnel clouds spotted south and west of town and the sirens wailed for about 25 minutes, but most of the storm hooked around us on the way to NE Kansas. All is good here for this round!

Ike

So far, just a lot of thunder, wind, and rain. The third row of cells are moving by us now.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

My parents were in OK city this past weekend and where they camped was very close to the tornados, but they left early Sunday morning and only had some rain where they stayed last night in south central NE. We were in the basement for 30 minutes last night, but the bad storms were about 10 miles to the NW of us. Trees and roofs blown down and a couple semi's blown over on I-35.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

We didn't have any damage in our area, but north of us had several trees and power lines down from wind damage. I noticed the police were blocking streets that crews were working on in the ride into work.
    Darren

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    This new one looks real bad. Hope everyone is all right. Though it don't sound good

OK City is a disaster. Sending good vibes to those folks
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Our hearts and prayers go out to Moore and OKC folks.
    "When the horse is dead....Get Off!"

My brother lives in Edmond, OK and his family is all safe, but he said it's really bad south of him. He was in Moore for a meeting yesterday and his client called after he left and told him to drive faster as the hail had started, 15 minutes later the tornado was on the ground. Tough to prepare or get out of the way for very fast developing storms like that. Can't imagine what some families are going through right now.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website