Nova DVR XP

Ok Stu you can quit whining about no pictures.:rofl: Here is the new Nova DVR XP. This thing is one sweet lathe. Holy cow is this thing quiet and smooth. I stood a nickel on its side on the headstock and ran it from 100 to 3500. It didn't ever budge. So now to rearrange the shop so it can have a home. Can't wait to give it a try. :D

Attachments

• Nova DVR XP 1.jpg
    Nova DVR XP 1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Nova DVR XP 2.jpg
    Nova DVR XP 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Nova DVR XP 4.jpg
    Nova DVR XP 4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Nova DVR XP 5.jpg
    Nova DVR XP 5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 36
Whining..............WHINING, I was not "Whining" I was.......... well, you know ;) :rolleyes: :D

Nice looking machine you got there Bernie, are you going to use the stand?

I hear it is a darn good stand, the metal is NOT flimsy, but well made and fairly thick. I see a number of guys with that stand put a shelf near the bottom and load a few bags of dry sand on it, just for good measure.

Now hurry up and make some curlies with it :D :thumb:

Just pull'in your chain Stu. :D Yep going to use the stand. That thing is heavier than it looks. I am thinking about taking it out to my local welder and having another piece welded on both ends for another shelf. Use the top shelf for laying tools, chucks, etc. on. Anyway thanks Stu. I can't wait to give her a spin.

The bed extensions on that lathe are great... don't forget to leave room to add them if required.

My shop is crowded enough that I occasionally have to move the DVR for other woodworking functions, so it is on a heavy rolling table, that gets blocks under the legs to lift it off the wheels when I am doing some heavier turning. With the "standard" lathe extension, I can have the sharpener on the same table. With one extra lathe extension, the sharpener has to move. I have a clamp on table extension when I have to use two extra lathe extensions, and have turned posts and columns over 5 feet long! Sweet system.

If you want to be able to take the extensions back off, be sure to use the bolts but not the steel dowels. I keep planning to get extra bolts for the dowel holes, but haven't had a problem without them.