Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way off topic but...looking for hotel near LAX

Way off topic but...looking for hotel near LAX

I'm working on summer vacation plans and it looks like I'm going to have about 2 days to spend around Los Angeles, CA. We don't expect to do much except drive up and down the coast a few hours and visit a couple/few beaches. We fly back home out of LAX on a Saturday morning. I need to find a decent affordable hotel for the two nights we are there. I think I want to stay pretty close to the airport to avoid any morning traffic the morning we fly out. For anyone who has stayed at hotels near LAX....do you have any recommendations. I'm getting dizzy trying to read all the different reviews online....besides...I trust you all.

Thanks,
    Tom
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

Way off topic but...looking for hotel near LAX

Mohammad Madha, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Tom,
    There is the hacienda hotel in El Segundo on Sepulveda just south LAX, of haven't stayed there but I drive by it everyday and I think it is pretty nice place. El Segundo is a nice town. If you stay further south in the beach cities then you will encounter traffic on Sepulveda blvd in the morning but it really isn't to bad. I live just north of LAX in westchester not a lot of hotels. One or two on Manchester and Lincoln blvds. I would avoid the big hotels on Century blvd.
    Retread flying out Saturday street traffic if you stay off freeways is non issue
    El Segundo or Westchester are nice, centrally located with the beach cities to the south and Santa Monica/Venice Beaches to the north.
    Let know if want any other info
    Dan
    Transplanted Minnesotan to this area for 33 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lee View Post
    Tom,
    There is the hacienda hotel in El Segundo on Sepulveda just south LAX, of haven't stayed there but I drive by it everyday and I think it is pretty nice place. El Segundo is a nice town. If you stay further south in the beach cities then you will encounter traffic on Sepulveda blvd in the morning but it really isn't to bad. I live just north of LAX in westchester not a lot of hotels. One or two on Manchester and Lincoln blvds. I would avoid the big hotels on Century blvd.
    Retread flying out Saturday street traffic if you stay off freeways is non issue
    El Segundo or Westchester are nice, centrally located with the beach cities to the south and Santa Monica/Venice Beaches to the north.
    Let know if want any other info
    Dan
    Transplanted Minnesotan to this area for 33 years
    It's been a long long time since, but I lived in El Segundo for a short time, just across the highway from the airport... I'll be no help since I don't remember any hotels in the area, but I'm sure there must scads in and around the airport in LAX...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Dan is right. Avoid the hotels on Century Blvd. El Segundo is just South of LAX and Westchester is just North of it. There are a few hotels very close to us in Westchester. Please see below:

Extended Stay
    6531 South Sepulveda Boulevard
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
    (310) 568-9337

Courtyard Los Angeles Westside
    6333 Bristol Parkway
    Culver City, CA 90230
    (310) 484-7000

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles
    5990 Green Valley Circle
    Culver City, CA 90230
    (310) 641-7740

The above three are about ten minutes drive from LAX. I haven't stayed at any hotels around LAX so I can't give you a review.
    Let me know your plans ahead of your visit. We might be able to work out a meet.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

I stay at Extended Stay up north...not a bad place. Full kitchen, full size fridge, plate and silverwear, I bring food and heat it up there...saves tons!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

I spent three or four months at an Extended Stay in Burbank. (I had sold a house and was in the process of lining up a new house.) Nothing fancy, but very handy and plenty comfortable.

workingwoods.com

the last guy I heard who told me he did 4 months at a hotel, well, the hotel was owned by the state correctional dept.
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    the last guy I heard who told me he did 4 months at a hotel, well, the hotel was owned by the state correctional dept.
    you tell him allenLOL
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    It was a sorta different experience...being homeless with about $350K in my checking account.

workingwoods.com