Way off topic but...looking for hotel near LAX

Tom Baugues

I'm working on summer vacation plans and it looks like I'm going to have about 2 days to spend around Los Angeles, CA. We don't expect to do much except drive up and down the coast a few hours and visit a couple/few beaches. We fly back home out of LAX on a Saturday morning. I need to find a decent affordable hotel for the two nights we are there. I think I want to stay pretty close to the airport to avoid any morning traffic the morning we fly out. For anyone who has stayed at hotels near LAX....do you have any recommendations. I'm getting dizzy trying to read all the different reviews online....besides...I trust you all.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,
There is the hacienda hotel in El Segundo on Sepulveda just south LAX, of haven't stayed there but I drive by it everyday and I think it is pretty nice place. El Segundo is a nice town. If you stay further south in the beach cities then you will encounter traffic on Sepulveda blvd in the morning but it really isn't to bad. I live just north of LAX in westchester not a lot of hotels. One or two on Manchester and Lincoln blvds. I would avoid the big hotels on Century blvd.
Retread flying out Saturday street traffic if you stay off freeways is non issue
El Segundo or Westchester are nice, centrally located with the beach cities to the south and Santa Monica/Venice Beaches to the north.
Let know if want any other info
Dan
Transplanted Minnesotan to this area for 33 years

Tom,
There is the hacienda hotel in El Segundo on Sepulveda just south LAX, of haven't stayed there but I drive by it everyday and I think it is pretty nice place. El Segundo is a nice town. If you stay further south in the beach cities then you will encounter traffic on Sepulveda blvd in the morning but it really isn't to bad. I live just north of LAX in westchester not a lot of hotels. One or two on Manchester and Lincoln blvds. I would avoid the big hotels on Century blvd.
Retread flying out Saturday street traffic if you stay off freeways is non issue
El Segundo or Westchester are nice, centrally located with the beach cities to the south and Santa Monica/Venice Beaches to the north.
Let know if want any other info
Dan
Transplanted Minnesotan to this area for 33 years

It's been a long long time since, but I lived in El Segundo for a short time, just across the highway from the airport... I'll be no help since I don't remember any hotels in the area, but I'm sure there must scads in and around the airport in LAX...

Dan is right. Avoid the hotels on Century Blvd. El Segundo is just South of LAX and Westchester is just North of it. There are a few hotels very close to us in Westchester. Please see below:

Extended Stay
6531 South Sepulveda Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90045
(310) 568-9337

Courtyard Los Angeles Westside
6333 Bristol Parkway
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 484-7000

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles
5990 Green Valley Circle
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 641-7740

The above three are about ten minutes drive from LAX. I haven't stayed at any hotels around LAX so I can't give you a review.
Let me know your plans ahead of your visit. We might be able to work out a meet.

I stay at Extended Stay up north...not a bad place. Full kitchen, full size fridge, plate and silverwear, I bring food and heat it up there...saves tons!!

I spent three or four months at an Extended Stay in Burbank. (I had sold a house and was in the process of lining up a new house.) Nothing fancy, but very handy and plenty comfortable. :thumb:

Thank you everyone for the advise. Dan, Mohammad, I will give those places a look. You say it's only a 10 minute drive. Is that still the case early on a Saturday morning. 5:00 am?

Surprisingly street traffic around the airport really is never all that bad. At 5 am its mostly you and the cab drivers:D

The Hacienda is probably still a reasonable hotel. My wife used to have all kinds of business associates stay there and she has held conferences there as well. If you have a rental car I believe they can pick you up from the agency the night before and then take you to the airport for your flight in the morning. The shuttle service was free.